Posted to user@flume.apache.org by Bharath Ravi <bh...@gmail.com> on 2012/03/21 00:30:27 UTC

Exception on opening a "Stub Source" at a logical node

Hi all,

I have a logical node, that uses an 'autoCollectorSource'. I configure this
node before mapping it to an actual physical node.
However, configuring it causes this to happen:

012-03-20 19:25:24,927 ERROR
com.cloudera.flume.core.connector.DirectDriver: Closing down due to
exception on open calls
2012-03-20 19:25:24,927 INFO
com.cloudera.flume.core.connector.DirectDriver: Connector logicalNode
hadoop-collector-21 exited with error: Attempting to open a Stub Source!

What causes this error? Even if it is a stub source, shouldn't it wait
until it receives an actual source instead of exiting?
After all, a logical node is especially meant for cases where configuring
it can be done before mapping it on to a node!

What am I messing up? Is there a specific order in which unmap/config/map
must be done for a logical node?

Thanks!
--
Bharath Ravi

Re: Exception on opening a "Stub Source" at a logical node

Posted by Bharath Ravi <bh...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

I've with both the default as well as custom named flows:
this doesn't happen all the time, but it does happen frequently.
I'm trying to figure out a pattern to this: has anyone encountered this
before?

This is in flume-0.9.4 and doesn't occur in 0.9.2, so I wonder if it has
something to do
with https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FLUME-626

Thanks!
--