Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Dave Newton <da...@solaraccess.com> on 2000/12/19 16:58:35 UTC

RE: mod_jk.so wont compile on Linux

I'm thinking that maybe a very small mini-FAQ might be
in order here!!!

> I am trying to compile the mod_jk.so on Redhat Linux.

Try following the documentation where it says that if this
happens to try:

gcc -shared -o mod_jk.so *.o

That fixed it for me, although the HP-UX and AIX folks
are having some further issues.

Dave

RE: mod_jk.so wont compile on Linux

Posted by David Bussenschutt <D....@mailbox.gu.edu.au>.
Another idea:

"Getting Tomcat to serve the *.jsp and /servlet pages on your apache based
website while Apache serves the rest"

David.

At 11:32 AM 12/19/00 -0500, you wrote:
>> With all of the documentation in all of the places that I have found,
>> it is more like trying to find the one line that pertains to what
>> I am looking for.
>
>No doubt~it's a little buried, to be sure. I may do a mini-FAQ and
>throw it out there somewhere. If anybody has any ideas for content,
>let me know. So far I have two items, this and the DOS environment thing.
>
>Dave

David Bussenschutt          Email: D.Bussenschutt@mailbox.gu.edu.au
Senior Computing Support Officer & Systems Administrator/Programmer
Location: Griffith University. Information Technology Services
          Brisbane Qld. Aust.  (TEN bldg. rm 1.33) Ph: (07)38757079

Re: mod_jk.so wont compile on Linux

Posted by Dave Smith <sa...@home.com>.
Neil,

Actually if someone would just fix the makefiles
in the 3.2 distribution so they actually worked,
most of these posts would go away. The freebsd
makefile is definitely broken; I'm guessing
the linux makefile is just as bad.

Dave

Posted by Dave Newton <da...@solaraccess.com>.

Posted by Neil Aggarwal <ne...@JAMMConsulting.com>.