Posted to user@ant.apache.org by UCU <um...@gmail.com> on 2007/06/15 20:09:22 UTC

ANT Build script for J2EE projects(in RAD) with cyclic dependancies! Urgent please help!

Hello all! I have about 8 J2EE/ejb projects in a RAD environment for which I
am trying to create a build script, and almost all of them are
interdependant. For example,
a.Project 1 references classes in Project 2,Project 3. Project 8.
b.Project 2 references classes from Project 1 and Project Project 3 and
Project 4.
c.Project 4 references classes in Project 1 ,Project 2 and Project 3
and various other combinations...it gets very complicated.
I am having a very tough time creating a build script for this.

Whats the best way to resolve this issue? Would appreciate any input.

Thanks in advance!!
UCU

Re: ANT Build script for J2EE projects(in RAD) with cyclic dependancies! Urgent please help!

Posted by Martin Gainty <mg...@hotmail.com>.
Any solution will be specific to the appserver which is hosting the ejb
So an example is BEA Weblogic 8.1
(assuming WL_HOME is set to the folder where weblogic is installed)

cwd
$WL_HOME/samples/server/medrec/build/physicianEar/physSessionEjbs/ejb-jar.xml

<!-- This is a ejb-jar.xml build file for ant  -->
<project name="DefaultProjectName" default="default" >

  <property name="build" value="build"/>
  <property name="src" value="src"/>

  <target name="prepare">
    <mkdir dir="${build}"/>
    <tstamp/>
  </target>

  <target name="BuildEjbDescriptors" depends="prepare">
    <javadoc sourcefiles="${src}/*Bean.java"
           sourcepath="${src}"
           destdir="${src}"
           doclet="EJBGen"
           docletpath="../../ejbgen.jar">
    </javadoc>
  </target>

  <target name="compile" depends="BuildEjbDescriptors">
    <javac srcdir="${src}" destdir="${build}" />
  </target>

  <target name="default" depends="compile">
  </target>

</project>

//so to build the ejbs...
ant -f ejb-jar.xml

HTH
Martin--

Posted by UCU <um...@gmail.com>.
Was wondering if anyone knows where to find a sample complete build file
which uses ProjectBuild. ProjectSetBuild etc.

thanks!

Posted by "Lewis, Cory (Genworth)" <co...@genworth.com>.

Posted by UCU <um...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "Scot P. Floess" <fl...@mindspring.com>.