Posted to users@sling.apache.org by Michael Dürig <md...@apache.org> on 2012/08/28 15:44:21 UTC

[ANNOUNCE] Apache Jackrabbit Oak Hackathon @ adaptTo(Berlin) 2012

Dear Apache Jackrabbit and Sling developers and users,

We are happy to announce the upcoming Oakathon (Hackathon for Oak)
taking place September 25th in Berlin:
http://adaptto.mixxt.de/networks/events/show_event.65841

Jackrabbit Oak (http://jackrabbit.apache.org/oak/) is an effort to
implement a scalable and performant hierarchical content repository. The
Oak project was started in March 2012. In this hackathon we want improve
the Oak code base, but also give an opportunity for newcomers to learn
about the project and take first steps.

If there is interest the Oakathon can be extended as a side track during
the whole adatpTo(Berlin) 2012 conference. Goals will depend on
participants' interests and will be decided on site. Potential topics are:

* improve performance testing framework
* implement a search engine plugin
* implementation of a micro kernel based on a NoSQL database
* a Javascript client for Oak
* ...

To sign up for the Oakathon please leave your name and optionally list
some topics which are of interest to you at the Oakathon Wiki page:
http://wiki.apache.org/jackrabbit/Oak%20Hackathon%20September%202012

See you in Berlin
Michael