Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Suresh <su...@yahoo.com> on 2000/07/18 17:45:30 UTC

Startup file and process size

Hi all,

I am trying use a startup file to load all the used modules in my web application, but when i use
the startup file, the size of all the process becomes big. I excpected that only the apache's
parent process size becomes become. Also when i ran the example given in the mod_perl guide , to
see the difference in the shared memory size, its same with or without a startup file.

I am using RedHat 6.1 Linux, Apache 1.3.12 and mod perl on intel box. I am i missing some thing or
thatz the way it is supposed to work.

thanks in advance,
suresh

http://mail.yahoo.com/

Re: Startup file and process size

Posted by David Hodgkinson <da...@hodgkinson.org>.
Suresh <su...@yahoo.com> writes:

> Hi all,
>
> I am trying use a startup file to load all the used modules in my web application, but when i use
> the startup file, the size of all the process becomes big. I excpected that only the apache's
> parent process size becomes become. Also when i ran the example given in the mod_perl guide , to
> see the difference in the shared memory size, its same with or without a startup file.

Which? The parent Apache or the daughters?

Are you positive your startup is getting executed?

--
Dave Hodgkinson,                             http://www.hodgkinson.org
Editor-in-chief, The Highway Star           http://www.deep-purple.com

Re: Startup file and process size

Posted by Ajit Deshpande <aj...@skycorp.net>.
On Tue, Jul 18, 2000 at 08:45:30AM -0700, Suresh wrote:
> the startup file, the size of all the process becomes big. I excpected
> that only the apache's parent process size becomes become. Also when i
> ran the example given in the mod_perl guide , to see the difference in
> the shared memory size, its same with or without a startup file.

Read:

http://perl.apache.org/guide/performance.html#Calculating_Real_Memory_Usage

Ajit