Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Kenny Chow <ky...@yahoo.com> on 2002/08/16 14:05:48 UTC

[Q]getting values from action

Hi all,
    I am running in a difficulty where I can't get a
value from an action. 'myAction' will define a key
called 'myParam' and return its value via the Map
object. Now myURL.xsp, in turn, tries to get the param
from the sitemap (see below); the param contains null.

    I have tried creating a session in the action,
still null that the xsp gets. Any suggestion?

<map:match pattern="myURL">
 <map:act type="myAction">
  <map:parameter name="param" value="value" />
   <map:generate src="xsp/myURL.xsp"
type="serverpages">
    <map:parameter name="myParam" value="{myParam}"/>
   </map:generate>
   <map:serialize/>
  </map:act>
</map:match>

HotJobs - Search Thousands of New Jobs
http://www.hotjobs.com

Re: [Q]getting values from action

Posted by KOZLOV Roman <r-...@opencascade.com>.
Hi,
try {../myParam}.

Roman

Summary:getting values from action

Posted by Kenny Chow <ky...@yahoo.com>.
Yes. Just noticed that map.put(key, value) was
mistakenly placed. But let me do a summary of my
problem anyhow.

Problem: get parameters from action in xsp

Context: Suppose you have an action and it returns
parameters via its map object; and an xsp will get
them from the sitemap. Here is an example

sitemap begins
======================================
<map:match pattern="myURL">
<map:act type="myAction">
 <map:generate src="xsp/myURL.xsp" type="serverpages">

  <map:parameter name="myParam" value="{myParam}"/>
 </map:generate>
</map:act>
</map:match>
======================================

action here
======================================
public class actionExample extends AbstractAction
implements ThreadSafe {
  public Map act(...) throws Exception
   Map map = new Hashmap();
   /* do what you desire*/
   map.put("myParam", myValue);
   return map;
  }
}

myURL.xsp
======================================
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<xsp:page language="java"
 xmlns:xsp="http://apache.org/xsp"
 xmlns:xsp-request="http://apache.org/xsp/request/2.0"

xmlns:xsp-response="http://apache.org/xsp/response/2.0">

<page>
  <title>someTitle</title>
 <content>
   <xsp:logic>
   String myValue = null;
   try {
    myValue = parameters.getParameter("myParam");
   }
   catch(Exception e){}
 </xsp:logic>

 <para><xsp:expr>file</xsp:expr></para>