Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by djain101 <dh...@yahoo.com> on 2009/08/16 01:49:34 UTC

delta-import using a full-import command is not working

Hi,

I am following the example on
http://wiki.apache.org/solr/DataImportHandlerFaq#fullimportdelta
http://wiki.apache.org/solr/DataImportHandlerFaq#fullimportdelta  and i
configured my data-config.xml in the similar way as mentioned in the example
on this link. the findDelta entity tag looks like as:

<entity name="findDelta" query="select emp_id as id from employee where
LAST_UPDATED_TIMESTAMP >
to_date('${dataimporter.last_index_time}','YYYY-MM-DD HH24:MI:SS')"
						 rootEntity="false">

When i try to index using command=full-import&clean=false, it responds with
message "Indexing completed. Added/Updated: 0 documents. Deleted 0
documents." When I looked at the query, it looks like as:
select party_id as id from core_party where LAST_UPDATED_TIMESTAMP >
to_date('','YYYY-MM-DD HH24:MI:SS')

Looks like Solr is not able to replace ${dataimporter.last_index_time} with
the timestamp from dataimport.properties. This file exist in my conf folder
and gets updated everytime i do full-import. So there is no issue with the
timestamp in dataimport.properties file. Somehow, it is not getting replaced
in sql query.

Please help !!!

Re: delta-import using a full-import command is not working

Posted by Noble Paul നോബിള്‍ नोब्ळ् <no...@corp.aol.com>.
The only way is to backport the patch to 1.3 . If you are confortable
doing that just modify the relevant code and do an "ant dist" to get
the jar

On Tue, Aug 18, 2009 at 11:42 AM, djain101<dh...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> How can i get the version of DIH which fixes this issue and is compatible
> with 1.3?
>

> Noble Paul നോബിള്‍  नोब्ळ्-2 wrote:
>>
>> OK, I thought you were using an older version of 1.4. the new DIH is
>> not compatible with 1.3
>>
>> On Tue, Aug 18, 2009 at 11:37 AM, djain101<dh...@yahoo.com>
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> I replaced the dataimporthandler.jar from 8/7/2009 build in WEB-INF/lib
>>> of
>>> solr.war but on restarting of JBOSS, it threw me following exception but

Posted by djain101 <dh...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by Noble Paul നോബിള്‍ नोब्ळ् <no...@corp.aol.com>.

Posted by djain101 <dh...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by Noble Paul നോബിള്‍ नोब्ळ् <no...@corp.aol.com>.

Posted by djain101 <dh...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by Noble Paul നോബിള്‍ नोब्ळ् <no...@corp.aol.com>.

Posted by djain101 <dh...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by djain101 <dh...@yahoo.com>.
Yes, database and Solr are different machines and their dates are not
synchronized. Could that be the issue? Why the date difference between Solr
and DB machine fails to put the timestamp from dataimport.properties file?

Thanks,
Dharmveer

Posted by Avlesh Singh <av...@gmail.com>.

Posted by djain101 <dh...@yahoo.com>.
Any help?

Re: delta-import using a full-import command is not working

Posted by djain101 <dh...@yahoo.com>.
Thanks for your response. It is not empty, it contains following:

#Sat Aug 15 16:44:18 PDT 2009
last_index_time=2009-08-15 16\:44\:17

Posted by Noble Paul നോബിള്‍ नोब्ळ् <no...@corp.aol.com>.