Posted to dev@edgent.apache.org by Susan Cline <ho...@pacbell.net> on 2016/04/28 21:56:39 UTC

Quarks IOT Watson application - auth-token issue

Hi,

I’m trying to determine if this is a quarks issue or an IBM IOT Watson issue.  I created a device config file and used the quarks IOT classes to connect to IOT Watson.

After multiple tries of using different device cfg files, and always getting a bad password error, I found out from a colleague that when creating the authentication token in IOT Watson that if it is system generated the connection between the quarks application and IOT fails.

If the user provides the auth token (i.e, auth-token= abcdefgh) the connection is successful.

At least two other folks I talked to had this issue as well.  Has anyone been able to successfully connect to IOT from a quarks app using a system generated authentication token?

If not, I will log a JIRA in quarks.

Thanks,

Susan

Re: Quarks IOT Watson application - auth-token issue

Posted by Susan Cline <ho...@pacbell.net>.
Dan,

I can’t explain what happened.  Today I created a new device config using the auto generated token and it worked perfectly.  Maybe something else was going on with IOT
at the time this occurred?

I think we should consider it resolved on the quarks end of things.

Susan

Posted by Dan Debrunner <dj...@debrunners.com>.

Posted by Dan Debrunner <dj...@debrunners.com>.
On 4/28/2016 12:56 PM, Susan Cline wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I\u2019m trying to determine if this is a quarks issue or an IBM IOT Watson issue.  I created a device config file and used the quarks IOT classes to connect to IOT Watson.
>
> After multiple tries of using different device cfg files, and always getting a bad password error, I found out from a colleague that when creating the authentication token in IOT Watson that if it is system generated the connection between the quarks application and IOT fails.
>
> If the user provides the auth token (i.e, auth-token= abcdefgh) the connection is successful.
>
> At least two other folks I talked to had this issue as well.  Has anyone been able to successfully connect to IOT from a quarks app using a system generated authentication token?

I've always used IoT generated tokens with no issues.

Dan.