Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by dinil&hbasedb <em...@gmail.com> on 2013/11/20 08:12:41 UTC

Solr unable to import data from Hbase

Hi,
  I am facing a kind of incompatibility issue between Hbase Client(from
Solr) and Hbase server. While importing data from Hbase using
DataImportHandler, client fails and errors out with "Unable to find region
for xxx,,99999999999999 after 10 tries".
The region servers are live and accessible among the machines.
The Debug message also notes
"client.HConnectionManager$HConnectionImplementation: locateRegionInMeta
parentTable=.META., metaLocation=null, attempt=0 of 10 failed".

My doubt is that it fails because it is looking for .META. while with the
server (version 0.96.0-hadoop2) the parent table is no longer with that name
and is 'hbase:meta".
Although am using the latest client jar at solr->
hbase-client-0.96.0-hadoop2.jar, the client still seems to look for .META.

Am not sure whether the name of the parent table is the cause for the error.

Please suggest me things that i could try to fix solr import from Hbase.

Thanks.

Re: Solr unable to import data from Hbase

Posted by dinil&hbasedb <em...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for the replies.

No, I have not re-compiled Solr with Hbase 0.96. But have tried it to use
with the hbase-client-0.96x.jars from the hbase installation as well.

The import is tried using Solr's DataImportHandler functionality with config
in data-config.xml and schema.xml, and $HBASE_CONF added using -Dpath= with
the Solr start.

The hbase shell would use the same client jar to look up the parent table
and run the scan? Any help with client jars that could help solr run the
scan successfully. Recompilation is kind of out of the things that i can try
presently.

Re: Solr unable to import data from Hbase

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.
Dinil:
Have you recompiled Solr with HBase 0.96.0 ?

Cheers

Posted by Jean-Marc Spaggiari <je...@spaggiari.org>.