Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by Om <bi...@gmail.com> on 2013/01/07 03:33:48 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache Flex SDK Installer 2.0 - RC3

Hi,

This is the second official release of the Apache Flex SDK Installer AIR
application.  This version has been tested with *Apache Flex 4.9.0*.  This
version also allows users to customize the Flash Player and AIR versions to
be downloaded.  The official Apache distribution is the source kit which
can contains only source.

The source distributions for Windows and Mac are available here:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/flex/installer/2.0/rc3/

The binary distributions as a convenience for the respective platforms,
available here:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/flex/installer/2.0/rc3/binaries/

*Issues addressed:*
1.  UI of the components selection and license screen has been fixed to use
just checkboxes for selection
2.  All the various locales have been enabled
3.  By default, Apache Flex SDK Installer 2.0 downloads Adobe Flash Player
11.1 and Adobe AIR SDK 3.4.  If you want to change it to any other
supported combination, you save a copy of the config file found at:
http://flex.apache.org/sdk-installer-config-2.0.xml, modify the download
urls to point to the required versions.  Then run the app from command line
mode with the optional command line parameter: -config=<path to config file>
4.  Fixed issue where changing languages caused selections to be cleared
5.  While changing languages, buttons will automatically enlarge to fit all
the text
6.  Added more and better Dutch translations, thanks to  Roland Zwaga
7.  Fixed README, RELEASE_NOTES, RELEASE_GUIDE and build.properties files
for more accuracy
8.  Added more and better Greek translations, thanks to Nick Tsitlakidis
9.  Updated app to look at flex.apache.org for all required resources
instead of incubator.apache.org/flex
10.  Updated build.xml to handle signing as well.

*Before voting please review the section,*
"What are the ASF requirements on approving a release?" at
http://www.apache.org/dev/release.html#approving-a-release

*Please vote to approve this release:*

[ ] +1 Approve the release
[ ] -1 Do not release because ...

Om & Justin
Apache Flex PPMC members + Release managers

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Flex SDK Installer 2.0 - RC3

Posted by Avi Kessner <ak...@gmail.com>.
My bad. +1 then.

Posted by Nick Tsitlakidis <ni...@perfectedz.com>.
Same for me, I had the RC2 installed and during the setup I was asked if I
want to upgrade it. The same happened with the RC1->RC2 installation.

--
Nick Tsitlakidis,

CEO and Software Architect at Perfect Edge LTD.
www.perfectedz.com

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Flex SDK Installer 2.0 - RC3

Posted by Nicholas Kwiatkowski <ni...@spoon.as>.

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Om <bi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Avi Kessner <ak...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Nicholas Kwiatkowski <ni...@spoon.as>.
+1 (binding)

Posted by Cyrill Zadra <cy...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Om <bi...@gmail.com>.

[DISCUSS] was [VOTE] Release Apache Flex SDK Installer UI

Posted by Carol Frampton <cf...@adobe.com>.

On 1/7/13 6 :24PM, "Justin Mclean" <ju...@classsoftware.com> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>+1 (binding)
>
>Tested Mac version.
>
>Minor issues - for next release?:
>- Install progress popup window changes height during steps - make
>initial size big enough for two lines of text?
>- License check boxes are still red/green and it's not immediately
>obvious what a user should do. IMO need to add text along the lines of
>"Please tick the check boxes of the required licences to continue the
>installation".

I've been thinking about this since I think this GUI is very confusing.  I
think I'd like to see a series of windows, one for each license questions,
with NEXT and PREVIOUS buttons but someone who likes GUI design may have a
better idea.  Given the text for each license asks a question there should
be yes/no buttons, or something to that effect.

Posted by Roland Zwaga <ro...@stackandheap.com>.
Hey,

the Apache Flex Installer ran without problems for me. The only issue I'm
getting has probably nothing to do with the installer,
but I'm not sure. Anyways:
When I switch to the 4.9.0 SDK I get the following error in one of my unit
test projects:

Unable to resolve resource bundle "FlexUnitTestRunner" for locale "en_US"

The project in question is a standard Flashbuilder generated unit test
project. So, I right click a test file and choose:
Debug as -> FlexUnit Tests
The app that gets generated by that procedure subsequently throw the
aforementioned error.

cheers,

Roland

Senior Consultant | Stack & Heap BVBA

+32 (0)486 16 12 62 | roland@stackandheap.com | http://www.stackandheap.com

http://zwaga.blogspot.com
http://www.springactionscript.org
http://www.as3commons.org

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Flex SDK Installer 2.0 - RC3

Posted by Erik de Bruin <er...@ixsoftware.nl>.
+1 (binding)

Sorry I couldn't help with this release.

EdB

Ix Multimedia Software

Jan Luykenstraat 27
3521 VB Utrecht

T. 06-51952295
I. www.ixsoftware.nl

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Flex SDK Installer 2.0 - RC3

Posted by Jonathan Campos <jo...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, Jan 7, 2013 at 8:52 AM, Christophe Herreman <
christophe.herreman@gmail.com> wrote:

> Installation went fine.

installation worked for me. +1 (binding)

Though I usually start by cleaning everything so I wouldn't see the cert
issue that is being brought up.

--
Jonathan Campos

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Flex SDK Installer 2.0 - RC3

Posted by Igor Costa <ig...@gmail.com>.
+1 (binding)
----------------------------
Igor Costa
www.igorcosta.com
www.igorcosta.org

Posted by Roland Zwaga <ro...@stackandheap.com>.

--
regards,
Roland

Posted by Christophe Herreman <ch...@gmail.com>.
Installation went fine.

--
Christophe Herreman
http://www.herrodius.com

Posted by Nick Tsitlakidis <ni...@perfectedz.com>.

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

On 1/7/13 8:56 AM, "David Coleman" <da...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> This version is the only version installed on my system.  I have a fresh
> install of Flash Builder 4.7 64 bit with no apache flex sdk installed or
> registered.
Om's reply was to someone else.

> should I just uninstall and try again?
Just try running the installer again.  You might need to clean out the
target directory/folder first.  It could be you did get a botched download.
That's why we do an MD5 check.
--
Alex Harui
Flex SDK Team

RE: [VOTE] Release Apache Flex SDK Installer 2.0 - RC3

Posted by David Coleman <da...@hotmail.com>.

Posted by Om <bi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by David Coleman <da...@hotmail.com>.
I've just tried to install this latest package...  it seems to encounter some error.

Version 2.0.2 (windows)
Fetched the SDK download mirror URL from the CGI.
Creating Apache Flex home
Creating temporary directory
Downloading Apache Flex SDK from: http://mirrors.dcarsat.com.ar/apache/flex/4.9.0/binaries/apache-flex-sdk-4.9.0-bin.zip
Verifying Apache Flex SDK MD5 Signature
The Apache Flex SDK MD5 Signature of the downloaded files does not match the reference value. The file is invalid, installation is aborted.
Unable to clean up temporary installation directories
Installation aborted

Posted by Nicholas Kwiatkowski <ni...@spoon.as>.

Posted by Jonathan Campos <jo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Peter Ent <pe...@adobe.com>.

Posted by Erik de Bruin <er...@ixsoftware.nl>.

Posted by David Coleman <da...@hotmail.com>.
@Alex,

confirmed, the installer works just fine the second time.

I have added the sdk to flash builder 4.7x64 and it seems good.  I will try a simple project tonight...

Posted by Nicholas Kwiatkowski <ni...@spoon.as>.
that sounds like the certificates don't match.  Did you uninstall the older
version before testing it?

-Nick

Posted by Carol Frampton <cf...@adobe.com>.
+1

Carol

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Flex SDK Installer 2.0 - RC3

Posted by Peter Ent <pe...@adobe.com>.
-1