Posted to user@avro.apache.org by "harisgx ." <ha...@gmail.com> on 2011/05/30 17:01:31 UTC

I have written a layout for log4j using avro

Hi,

I have written a layout for log4j using avro.

http://bytescrolls.blogspot.com/2011/05/using-avro-to-serialize-logs-in-log4j.html

https://github.com/harisgx/avro-log4j

But if I want to convert the records to a avro data file in a compressed
form, in the docs it is mentioned about to use  DataFileWriteTool to read
new-line delimited JSON records.
in the method,
- run(InputStream stdin, PrintStream out, PrintStream err, List<String>
args)

args is to be non null. How do we populate the args values?

thanks
-haris

Re: I have written a layout for log4j using avro

Posted by Scott Carey <sc...@richrelevance.com>.
To read and write an Avro Data File use the classes in org.apache.avro.file :
http://avro.apache.org/docs/current/api/java/index.html

The classes in tools are command line tools that wrap Avro Java APIs.  The source code of these can be used as examples for using these APIs.

Hi,