Posted to user@karaf.apache.org by Ryan Moquin <fr...@gmail.com> on 2015/04/19 19:40:28 UTC

Karaf Cave usage

Hi, I've been looking at Apache Cave and how to best leverage it.  I had a
few questions as a result.  My first one was about how to keep Cave up to
date with changes to a proxied company maven repository, such as
artifactory.  For example, if your continuous integration server is pushing
new builds to you maven repo, do you then also have it remotely invoke a
rescan of the proxied repository in the Cave server?

What is the typical way that Cave is used in the development and deployment
process?

Thanks!
Ryan

Re: Karaf Cave usage

Posted by Morgan Hautman <mo...@gmail.com>.
Hi Frank,

Yes you're right ->
https://books.sonatype.com/nexus-book/reference/osgi-sect-intro.html

Regards
Morgan

Re: Karaf Cave usage

Posted by Frank Lyaruu <fr...@dexels.com>.

Re: Karaf Cave usage

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Moreover, Cave can act as OBR frontend on top of any existing Maven repo.

As a reminder, the simplest Maven remote repo is just a HTTP server
exposing a directory following the Maven directories structure
(groupId/artifactId/version/artifactId-version[-classifier].type).

For instance, I have a Apache HTTPd acting as Maven repo here:
http://maven.nanthrax.net

Archive, Nexus, or Artifactory are Maven repositories manager providing
interesting feature like multiple repos, staging repos, permission, etc.

Cave can façade any Maven repo (from the simplest to a repo manager) to
provide proxy service and OBR service.

Regards
JB

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org

Re: Karaf Cave usage

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
For a couple reasons:
1/ Nexus Pro is not able to run directly inside Karaf
2/ Nexus Pro is not an Apache project
3/ Cave is largely lightweight and integrated in Karaf

And there are much more ;)

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org