Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Craig Spry <cr...@redflex.com.au> on 2007/08/03 05:47:12 UTC

T4.1:Overloaded Submit Button

Hello All,

I'm trying to overload tapestries Submit with my own submit so I can have my code in the isDisabled() function.  I want to do this so I can check only in one place is a user has write access to any page in my application in one place, ie the isDisabled() function.  Since I'm having to do some strange things to get this going, copy the contents of the Submit.jwc from the Tapestry source into MySubmit.jwc and copy the SubmitBindings.script into my source directory, I was wondering if this is the best way to do this, or is there a better way.

Thanks,
Craig

Re: T4.1:Overloaded Submit Button

Posted by Jesse Kuhnert <jk...@gmail.com>.
Or create a new IBinding type that you stick in parameters like
disabled="perm:something" .   That's what I've done in the past.

On 8/3/07, Andrea Chiumenti <ki...@gmail.com> wrote:
> It's a matter of tastes, you could also  put a js code that does a
> dojo.event.connect (and sons ;-p ).
>
> Ciao,
> kiuma
>
> On 8/3/07, Craig Spry <cr...@redflex.com.au> wrote:
> >

> > Hello All,
> >
> > I'm trying to overload tapestries Submit with my own submit so I can have
> > my code in the isDisabled() function.  I want to do this so I can check only
> > in one place is a user has write access to any page in my application in one
> > place, ie the isDisabled() function.  Since I'm having to do some strange
> > things to get this going, copy the contents of the Submit.jwc from the
> > Tapestry source into MySubmit.jwc and copy the SubmitBindings.script into
> > my source directory, I was wondering if this is the best way to do this, or
> > is there a better way.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Craig

Jesse Kuhnert