Posted to docs@cocoon.apache.org by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@s-und-n.de> on 2003/05/21 12:17:07 UTC

[ANN] Apache Cocoon 2.1 Milestone 2 Release

The Apache Cocoon team is proud to announce the new release
of Apache Cocoon.

Check out the Cocoon website http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1 for more
information.

Apache Cocoon is an XML framework that raises the usage of
XML and XSLT technologies for server applications to a new level.
Designed for performance and scalability around pipelined SAX
processing, Cocoon offers a flexible environment based on the
separation of concerns between content, logic and style.
A centralized configuration system and sophisticated caching
top this all off and help you to create, deploy and maintain
rock-solid XML server applications.

Today, most web engineers consider XML as the key for an improved
web model and web site managers see XML as a way to reduce costs
and ease production. In an era where services rather than software
will be key for economic success, a better and less expensive model
for web publishing will be a winner, especially one based on open
standards.

The Apache Cocoon Team

Carsten

Carsten Ziegeler
Open Source Group, S&N AG
http://radio.weblogs.com/0107211/

Re: [ANN] Apache Cocoon 2.1 Milestone 2 Release

Posted by Giacomo Pati <gi...@apache.org>.
On Wed, 21 May 2003, Torsten Curdt wrote:

> Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
> > The Apache Cocoon team is proud to announce the new release
> > of Apache Cocoon.
> >
> > Check out the Cocoon website http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1 for more
> > information.
>
> Thanks, Carsten!
>
> I just thought: wouldn't it be cool to generate a list of changes from
> the status.xml for each release?
 The avalon team has once made some xslts to do that. It's called announcement
IIRC.

Giacomo

Re: [ANN] Apache Cocoon 2.1 Milestone 2 Release

Posted by "J.Pietschmann" <j3...@yahoo.de>.
Vadim Gritsenko wrote:
> btw, jimi does not help. Guess first links must be converted to absolute
> file paths so FOP can find images.

Either this, or set baseDir/baseURL correctly, or have the image src
URLs be relative to the CWD of the JVM.

Happy fumbling!

J.Pietschmann

Re: [ANN] Apache Cocoon 2.1 Milestone 2 Release

Posted by Vadim Gritsenko <va...@verizon.net>.
Carsten Ziegeler wrote:

>>From: Vadim Gritsenko [mailto:vadim.gritsenko@verizon.net]
>>

>>Geoff Howard wrote:

>>>Just noticed that the new forrest look is gone (except for
>>>the front page).  Am I crazy or did that change with m2?
>>>

>>No you are not; or we are both crazy :)
>>Guess Carsten have not used instructions on wiki...
>>

>I have used the instructions from the wiki ;), so what did
>went wrong?
>(I used http://wiki.cocoondev.org/Wiki.jsp?page=CocoonWebsiteUpdate)
>
>I downloaded jimi

btw, jimi does not help. Guess first links must be converted to absolute
file paths so FOP can find images.

> and simply typed 'build site'.

Problem was (I guess) that you checked in "build docs" version of site
instead of "build site" -- they were building into same directory inder
build/.../docs.

Vadim

RE: [ANN] Apache Cocoon 2.1 Milestone 2 Release

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@s-und-n.de>.
Vadim Gritsenko wrote:
> Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
>
> >Ok, with the latest forrest version, the build does not work :(,
> >I get several exceptions.
> >
> >What version did you use,Vadim?
> >

> It was checkout several days old; I'll test latest version and come back
> with more details
>
> I'm commiting the site right know... Have to do some cleanup -- remove
> those unused images from "build docs", and add several new javadoc files.

Thanks, Vadim!

Carsten

Re: [ANN] Apache Cocoon 2.1 Milestone 2 Release

Posted by Vadim Gritsenko <va...@verizon.net>.

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@s-und-n.de>.

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@s-und-n.de>.

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@s-und-n.de>.

Posted by Vadim Gritsenko <va...@verizon.net>.

Posted by Geoff Howard <co...@leverageweb.com>.
At 07:19 AM 5/21/2003, you wrote:
> > From: Torsten Curdt [mailto:tcurdt@dff.st]
> >
> > I thought about generating a *page* not an email... what do you think?
>
>Ok, sorry for the misunderstanding - the page is there
>
>http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/changes.html
>
>Carsten

Just noticed that the new forrest look is gone (except for
the front page).  Am I crazy or did that change with m2?

Geoff

RE: [ANN] Apache Cocoon 2.1 Milestone 2 Release

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@s-und-n.de>.
Torsten Curdt wrote:
> > http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/changes.html
>
> Uh... cool! missed that one :)
>
> ...we should have a link in the download section IMHO

Ok.

> ...and it's still the old skin
Argh, I guess this comes from my site update.
So, does anyone know what to do to create the correct
skin?

Carsten

Re: [ANN] Apache Cocoon 2.1 Milestone 2 Release

Posted by Torsten Curdt <tc...@dff.st>.

--
Torsten

RE: [ANN] Apache Cocoon 2.1 Milestone 2 Release

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@s-und-n.de>.

Posted by Torsten Curdt <tc...@dff.st>.

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@s-und-n.de>.

Posted by Torsten Curdt <tc...@dff.st>.