Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de> on 2014/08/29 09:21:25 UTC

"Major" improvement proposal for all of our build scripts ;-)

?Hi guys,

just one thing ... while starting to work on a general maven release feature to our ant builds, I noticed that we don't actually have a consistent way of defining the version of a library. Usually we simply produce some artifact without a version number. I would like to at least include a version number property in each of our builds so you can immediately see what's the version we're working on and I can automatically access the version in the maven targets.

So what do you think about this? I would like to add something like "project.version" or similar to the build.xml

Chris

Re: "Major" improvement proposal for all of our build scripts ;-)

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

> just one thing ... while starting to work on a general maven release feature to our ant builds, I noticed that we don't actually have a consistent way of defining the version of a library.

All of the source and binary releases have a version number in the artifact name, internally most of the build files use ${version} or ${release.version}, but I guess your referring to something else?

Thanks,
Justin