Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Steve Cohen <sc...@javactivity.org> on 2009/06/05 23:43:05 UTC

Just shoot me now and get it over with

I am working in a sort of bastardized Eclipse-maven world for months now.

I have had for months a M2_REPO variable in Eclipse pointing to a local
Maven repository.  I know this is not the approved Maven way, but it has
worked for me for months without difficulty.

Now, without having made any upgrades to Maven, Eclipse, or anything
else, my M2_REPO variable has disappeared and NOTHING I do allows me to
put it back.  Eclipse appears to allow me to add this variable, point it
at the proper location, and apparently save it without complaint, yet
when I look at my Eclipse variables immediately thereafter, the variable
is gone.

Without the variable present building my war does not include everything
it needs, because it can't find all the jars it needs.

What could possibly have happened to put me in this state?

(Eclipse = Ganymede and I do have the M2Eclipse plugin installed).

Re: Just shoot me now and get it over with

Posted by Steve Cohen <sc...@javactivity.org>.
Never mind - sort of.

I exit Eclipse, start it back up and lo and behold there the variable
is, working as it ever did.

Bizarre

Posted by Sebastian Hoß <ma...@shoss.de>.
Steve Cohen wrote:
> I am working in a sort of bastardized Eclipse-maven world for months now.
> I have had for months a M2_REPO variable in Eclipse pointing to a local
> Maven repository.  I know this is not the approved Maven way, but it has
> worked for me for months without difficulty.

As i'm doing the same here ever since - what is the approved Maven way?

Re: Just shoot me now and get it over with

Posted by "David C. Hicks" <dh...@i-hicks.org>.
Did you happen to do anything funny to your Eclipse workspace?  I
believe that those variables are kept in a "hidden" file in your
workspace.  Perhaps you just have a corrupt file of some kind.