Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Jim Jagielski <ji...@jaguNET.com> on 2006/04/01 17:26:08 UTC

fcgi branch

Topic for discussion: merge mod_proxy_fcgi into trunk...

I think we're pretty close...
===
    Jim Jagielski   [|]   jim@jaguNET.com   [|]   http://
www.jaguNET.com/

Re: fcgi branch

Posted by Garrett Rooney <ro...@electricjellyfish.net>.
On 4/1/06, Jim Jagielski <ji...@jagunet.com> wrote:
> Topic for discussion: merge mod_proxy_fcgi into trunk...
>
> I think we're pretty close...

+1

There are a number of improvements I'd like to make eventually
(fcgistarter needs a good way to let you signal the running fcgi
processes to restart or shut down, we need a way to use unix domain
sockets instead of tcp sockets, mod_proxy_fcgi eventually needs a way
to manage its own worker processes, etc), but it is at that sort of
"minimal acceptable functionality" stage, and there's no reason to
continue to keep it sequestered on the branch.

Thank you for bringing this up, I've been meaning to do so for a while
now and just haven't gotten around to it yet.

-garrett