Posted to jmeter-dev@jakarta.apache.org by "BAZLEY, Sebastian" <Se...@london.sema.slb.com> on 2004/02/09 13:12:00 UTC

ASF 2.0 licence; Junit

I started trying to set up for the new ASF 2.0 licence, by following in
instructions at:

http://www.apache.org/dev/apply-license.html
{see also http://www.apache.org/licenses/]

The new URLString and URLCollection classes have got the new licence headers
- I hope I've got them right!

I've not yet committed the LICENSE and NOTICE files, partly because it's not
entirely clear to me whether we need to mention all the external jars in the
NOTICE file, or just the non-Apache ones.

Anyone here know the answer? If not, I can post a message on one of the
Apache lists.

I'm not proposing to change all the headers yet; I just thought it would be
useful to make a start on some of the common stuff.

==

Looking at what needs to go into the NOTICE file prompted a check of the
jars in lib:

I'd forgotten that JMeter CVS includes a copy of junit.jar.

AFAIK, this is only needed by developers, so does it make sense to store a
copy in CVS?
JUnit is included in Eclipse anyway, and it would be easy enough to update
build.xml add a target to fetch a copy. And perhaps one could print a
suitable message if Junit is not found.

Feedback welcome!

S.

from any virus transmitted.

Re: ASF 2.0 licence; Junit

Posted by peter lin <jm...@yahoo.com>.

Ok, I'll start changing the headers on the stuff I'm responsible for and then move on from there.

peter lin

Jordi Salvat i Alabart <js...@atg.com> wrote:

BAZLEY, Sebastian wrote:
> I started trying to set up for the new ASF 2.0 licence, by following in
> instructions at:
>
> http://www.apache.org/dev/apply-license.html
> {see also http://www.apache.org/licenses/]
>
> The new URLString and URLCollection classes have got the new licence headers
> - I hope I've got them right!
>
> I've not yet committed the LICENSE and NOTICE files, partly because it's not
> entirely clear to me whether we need to mention all the external jars in the
> NOTICE file, or just the non-Apache ones.

The apply-license.html page reads:
�
For Apache projects and those redistributing ASF software, the NOTICE
file must contain the sentence:

This product includes software developed by
�

After reading the license and reasoning by induction, I'm pretty sure
this covers for inclusion of all the Apache stuff.

> Anyone here know the answer? If not, I can post a message on one of the
> Apache lists.
>
> I'm not proposing to change all the headers yet; I just thought it would be
> useful to make a start on some of the common stuff.

Note that we must change all headers during this month.

Re: ASF 2.0 licence; Junit

Posted by Jordi Salvat i Alabart <js...@atg.com>.

«

»