Posted to dev@cordova.apache.org by Maxim Ermilov <ma...@canonical.com> on 2013/10/07 09:50:08 UTC

Cordova for Ubuntu

Hello,

I am working on Cordova port for Ubuntu Touch/Ubuntu.
Currently it supports:
1. cli project managment
2. most of core plugins

The code can be found here:
https://launchpad.net/cordova-ubuntu/

https://github.com/Zaspire/cordova-plugman
https://github.com/Zaspire/cordova-cli

https://github.com/Zaspire/cordova-plugin-*

What is the next steps for getting this into the apache repo's and merged
in?

_____________
Best regards,
Maxim Ermilov

Re: Cordova for Ubuntu

Posted by Brian LeRoux <b...@brian.io>.
Yes, review board is preferred between committers (I think, sometimes) but
not obv not the only way. I prefer pull requests and imagine that is more
familiar to someone new. It will be reviewed and merged by a platform
maintainer (usually) or another committer.

Re: Cordova for Ubuntu

Posted by Maxim Ermilov <ma...@canonical.com>.
https://github.com/apache/cordova-cli/pull/103

> Plugins have been merged and pushed to Dev.
awesome! thank you.

> No geolocation plugin support, any specific reason why?
ups. I forget about it:( I will publish patches for it later today.

> Most of the plugins don't have feature tags for ubuntu. Was this done for
a reason?
yes.
cordova-ubuntu uses feature tags to specify additional required permissions
& shared libraries.
most plugins does not need them.

> I noticed the ones that did have feature tags had the name set to Camera.
> I figured this was a copy paste error and I fixed it up where applicable.
It was a copy paste error.

> Hopefully the CLI + Plugman are ready for primetime for the 3.3.0 release
coming up.
is there any blocking issue?

______
Cheers,
-Maxim

Re: Cordova for Ubuntu

Posted by Steven Gill <st...@gmail.com>.
Plugins have been merged and pushed to Dev.

Comments:
- No geolocation plugin support, any specific reason why?
- Ubuntu isn't using config.xml the same way other platforms do. Most of
the plugins don't have feature tags for ubuntu. Was this done for a reason?
It would be better to follow the way other platforms handle adding plugins
to config.xml for consistency among platforms. I noticed the ones that did
have feature tags had the name set to Camera. I figured this was a copy
paste error and I fixed it up where applicable.

Please send any pull requests to the apache repos now. Make sure you grab
the latest.

The cordova-ubuntu mirror can be found at
https://github.com/apache/cordova-ubuntu

I still need to spend more time with plugman + CLI before I feel
comfortable merging in the ubuntu branches. They are setup as branches on
the main repos currently.

Plugins release will be happening very soon! Hopefully the CLI + Plugman
are ready for primetime for the 3.3.0 release coming up.

Cheers,
-Steve

Re: Cordova for Ubuntu

Posted by Steven Gill <st...@gmail.com>.

Re: Cordova for Ubuntu

Posted by Steven Gill <st...@gmail.com>.

Re: Cordova for Ubuntu

Posted by Steven Gill <st...@gmail.com>.

Re: Cordova for Ubuntu

Posted by Maxim Ermilov <ma...@canonical.com>.

Re: Cordova for Ubuntu

Posted by Maxim Ermilov <ma...@canonical.com>.
Hey Steven,

Re: Cordova for Ubuntu

Posted by Steven Gill <st...@gmail.com>.
Hey Maxim,

Re: Cordova for Ubuntu

Posted by Maxim Ermilov <ma...@canonical.com>.

Re: Cordova for Ubuntu

Posted by "Naik, Archana" <na...@lab126.com>.
Thanks Marcel. I just got the email about your wiki changes. I will read
it soon. :)

On 10/7/13 11:22 AM, "Marcel Kinard" <cm...@gmail.com> wrote:

>Good question. I just added a couple paragraphs to the top of
>http://wiki.apache.org/cordova/BecomingACommitter
>
>Please feel free to edit my explanation and improve it.
>
>On Oct 7, 2013, at 1:52 PM, Brian LeRoux <b...@brian.io> wrote:
>
>> Committer can commit. A contributor can send a pull request.  The
>> difference is mostly ceremonial. We ask you have some activity on the
>> mailing list, issue tracker, and code to become a committer.
>>

>> On Mon, Oct 7, 2013 at 10:40 AM, Naik, Archana <na...@lab126.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi, Brian
>>>
>>> Whats the difference between committer and contributor? I mean what
>>>make
>>> me one or the other. Who decides?
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>> Archana