Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Mihamina Rakotomandimby <mi...@rktmb.org> on 2013/09/02 14:20:33 UTC

[users@httpd] AllowOverride All but AuthConfig

Hi all

At VirtualHost level, I would like to AllowOverride All but AuthConfig
for "/var/www/html".

That is in order to force Auth on this server but allow all other
directives in all .htaccess under "/var/www/html" and subdirectories.

When documenting, I see that the list of Directives is finite:

Is this enough?

<Directory /var/www >
     AllowOverride None
</Directory>

<Directory /var/www/html >
     AllowOverride FileInfo Indexes Limit Options
     [...]
</Directory>

In reality, I would like to allow All, but I constraint is to ensure the
documents are not published, because it's an UAT server and it would be
harmfull if Google (just an example) ever indexes the content.

--
RMA.