Posted to docs@httpd.apache.org by Rich Bowen <rb...@rcbowen.com> on 2012/04/20 15:15:35 UTC

EBCDIC docs

I nuked the EBCDIC doc, because it is clearly so far out of date as to be harmful. However, it occurred to me that this was probably premature, before discussing it here, and I reverted.

I was hoping someone could advise as to what we should do with that document. I suspect that nuking it, and making a short mention of EBCDIC elsewhere, might indeed be the right approach, but it wasn't right for me to just do that unilaterally.

--
Rich Bowen
rbowen@rcbowen.com :: @rbowen

Re: EBCDIC docs

Posted by David McCreedy <mc...@gmail.com>.
> On Fri, Apr 20, 2012 at 8:05 AM, Jeff Trawick <tr...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Fri, Apr 20, 2012 at 9:51 AM, Eric Covener <co...@gmail.com> wrote:

+1

Re: EBCDIC docs

Posted by Jeff Trawick <tr...@gmail.com>.

Re: EBCDIC docs

Posted by Igor Galić <i....@brainsware.org>.

> >> I nuked the EBCDIC doc, because it is clearly so far out of date
> >> as
> >> to be harmful. However, it occurred to me that this was probably
> >> premature, before discussing it here, and I reverted.
> >>

> >> I was hoping someone could advise as to what we should do with
> >> that
> >> document. I suspect that nuking it, and making a short mention of
> >> EBCDIC elsewhere, might indeed be the right approach, but it
> >> wasn't
> >> right for me to just do that unilaterally.
> >
> > I'd move the whole thing to the developer docs.
>
> +1, with a banner saying they're likely outdated.

Banner's already in place:

  http://httpd.apache.org/docs/trunk/platform/ebcdic.html

Igor Galić

Tel: +43 (0) 664 886 22 883
Mail: i.galic@brainsware.org

Re: EBCDIC docs

Posted by Eric Covener <co...@gmail.com>.

Re: EBCDIC docs

Posted by Igor Galić <i....@brainsware.org>.

> I nuked the EBCDIC doc, because it is clearly so far out of date as
> to be harmful. However, it occurred to me that this was probably
> premature, before discussing it here, and I reverted.
>

> I was hoping someone could advise as to what we should do with that
> document. I suspect that nuking it, and making a short mention of
> EBCDIC elsewhere, might indeed be the right approach, but it wasn't
> right for me to just do that unilaterally.

I'd move the whole thing to the developer docs.

> --
> Rich Bowen
> rbowen@rcbowen.com :: @rbowen
> rbowen@apache.org