Posted to user@click.apache.org by easydoor <ch...@valdoise.fr> on 2010/10/06 09:04:31 UTC

Re: Message error link

Hi Bob,

Could you precise me how to do to overriding the Form errors ?

Thank for your reply

Re: Message error link

Posted by Beto <gi...@gmail.com>.
Here [1], you will find a lot of information.

Regards,

Giberto

[1]http://click.apache.org/docs/user-guide/html/ch03s04.html

Re: Message error link

Posted by Bob Schellink <sa...@gmail.com>.
On 6/10/2010 18:04, easydoor wrote:
> Hi Bob,
>
> Could you precise me how to do to overriding the Form errors ?

You can override the Form error reneering as follows:

public class CustomForm extends Form {

    @Override
    protected void renderErrors(HtmlStringBuffer buffer, boolean processed) {
        // Custom code goes here
    }
}

Have a look at the Form sourcecode on the original method is implemented. You can copy the original
method impl and customize the parts you want eg. in there the links ill be rendered if you want to
change it.

Alternatively you can use Velocity to create customized layouts[1][2].

Bob

[1]: http://click.apache.org/docs/click-api/org/apache/click/control/Form.html#manual-layout
[2]: http://click.apache.org/docs/click-api/org/apache/click/control/Form.html#velocity-macros