Posted to user@struts.apache.org by "Gilbert, Antoine" <AG...@korem.com> on 2006/11/27 15:47:13 UTC

commons-digester.jar locking issues using struts default library

Hi list,

I have a Web application under NetBeans 5.5 using default Struts library
1.2.9 with the built-in Tomcat 5.5.17

For some reasons the file commons-digester seem to always be locked by
this Tomcat; I can't "clean and build" my application while Tomcat is
running.

One more thing annoying I suspect to be related with that jar locking
issue: When I do some changes to my Web application, NetBeans try to
redeploy the application and it often froze... the "run application"
output window showing only:

Undeploying ...

undeploy?path=/myApp

In-place deployment at D:\Dev\...

I don't want to use the antiJARLocking attribute because the
deploy-undeploy time become very long...

Anyone have an idea how to resolve my issue?

Antoine

Re: commons-digester.jar locking issues using struts default library

Posted by Niall Pemberton <ni...@gmail.com>.
On 11/27/06, Gilbert, Antoine <AG...@korem.com> wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> I have a Web application under NetBeans 5.5 using default Struts library
> 1.2.9 with the built-in Tomcat 5.5.17
>
> For some reasons the file commons-digester seem to always be locked by
> this Tomcat; I can't "clean and build" my application while Tomcat is
> running.
>
> One more thing annoying I suspect to be related with that jar locking
> issue: When I do some changes to my Web application, NetBeans try to
> redeploy the application and it often froze... the "run application"
> output window showing only:
>
> Undeploying ...
>
> undeploy?path=/myApp
>
> In-place deployment at D:\Dev\...
>
> I don't want to use the antiJARLocking attribute because the
> deploy-undeploy time become very long...
>
> Anyone have an idea how to resolve my issue?

Sounds like this issue:

  http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIGESTER-29

There are moves in Jakarta Commons to release Digester 1.8 shortly
which fixes the above issue and hopefully your problem:

http://tinyurl.com/yfcs4c

Niall