Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Keld Hansen <ke...@lycos.com> on 2003/10/27 08:21:34 UTC

ActionErrors/ActionMessages

I'd like to emphasize the importance of a mail recently added to the newsgroup regarding the use of ActionErrors and/or ActionMessages.

The Validator uses the ActionErrors queue, so even if you'd like to use the new ActionMessages queue you'd hesitate to do so since this forces you to manage two queues in your jsp-pages.

So when ActionErrors(s) gets deprecated (in version 1.2?) then what do you do?

I'd be very interested in an answer on this topic.
Thanx.

Re: ActionErrors/ActionMessages

Posted by Adam Hardy <ah...@cyberspaceroad.com>.
On 10/27/2003 08:21 AM Keld Hansen wrote:
> I'd like to emphasize the importance of a mail recently added to the
> newsgroup regarding the use of ActionErrors and/or ActionMessages.
>
> The Validator uses the ActionErrors queue, so even if you'd like to
> use the new ActionMessages queue you'd hesitate to do so since this
> forces you to manage two queues in your jsp-pages.
>
> So when ActionErrors(s) gets deprecated (in version 1.2?) then what
> do you do?
>
> I'd be very interested in an answer on this topic. Thanx.

I use the ActionMessages collection and not the ActionErrors, and I use
the <html:message/> taglib in my JSPs to display them. It works fine
with the Validator.

If I remember correctly, the <html:errors/> taglib will throw an
exception if you give it an ActionMessages collection to display, but
other than that caveat, you should be OK.

Regards
Adam

--
struts 1.1 + tomcat 5.0.12 + java 1.4.2