Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by "Roy T. Fielding" <fi...@kiwi.ics.uci.edu> on 1998/10/09 02:13:16 UTC

Re: Are the 1.3.3 SEGFAULTS blocking points?

In message <19...@deejai.mch.sni.de>, Martin Kraemer writes:
>Are the SEGV's some users experienced a reason to stop the 1.3.3 tarball?

Nope, since it doesn't seem to occur in standard setups.  We can put up
a patch file once the problem is found, assuming it is something we did
and not just the wrong config.

One thing we should keep in mind is that we didn't need to bump MMN
at all for this release, so whether or not 1.3.2-compiled modules
still work might be a test of our assumptions about what doesn't
break binary compatibility.

....Roy