Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Suresh Sadhu <Su...@citrix.com> on 2013/04/12 13:33:21 UTC

[QA]question on cloudstack-usage service

HI,

Any idea why usage server is stopped with unexpected exception(is there any issue exits/logged already),do we need to add any additional packages/rpm/configurations other than installing the usage server monitor"
Seen this issue on master build.

[root@rhel631 ~]# service cloudstack-usage start
Starting CloudStack Usage Monitor cloudstack-usage         [  OK  ]
[root@rhel631 ~]# service cloudstack-usage status
cloudstack-usage (pid  20999) is running...
[root@rhel631 ~]# service cloudstack-usage status
cloudstack-usage is stopped

Content of cloudstack-usage.err:
*************************

log4j:WARN No appenders could be found for logger (org.springframework.core.env.StandardEnvironment).
log4j:WARN See http://logging.apache.org/log4j/1.2/faq.html#noconfig for more info.
        at org.apache.commons.daemon.support.DaemonLoader.start(DaemonLoader.java:177)
Caused by: org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'portForwardingUsageParser': Injection of autowired dependencies failed; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Could not autowire field: private com.cloud.usage.dao.UsageDao com.cloud.usage.parser.PortForwardingUsageParser._usageDao; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'usageDaoImpl' defined in URL [jar:file:/usr/share/cloudstack-usage/lib/cloud-server-4.2.0-SNAPSHOT.jar!/com/cloud/usage/dao/UsageDaoImpl.class]: BeanPostProcessor before instantiation of bean failed; nested exception is net.sf.cglib.core.CodeGenerationException: java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError-->null
        at org.springframework.beans.factory.annotation.AutowiredAnnotationBeanPostProcessor.postProcessPropertyValues(AutowiredAnnotationBeanPostProcessor.java:287)
        at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.populateBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:1106)
        at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.doCreateBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:517)
        at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.createBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:456)
        at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory$1.getObject(AbstractBeanFactory.java:294)
        at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultSingletonBeanRegistry.getSingleton(DefaultSingletonBeanRegistry.java:225)
        at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.doGetBean(AbstractBeanFactory.java:291)
        at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.getBean(AbstractBeanFactory.java:193)
        at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultListableBeanFactory.preInstantiateSingletons(DefaultListableBeanFactory.java:609)
        at org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext.finishBeanFactoryInitialization(AbstractApplicationContext.java:918)
        at org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext.refresh(AbstractApplicationContext.java:469)
        at org.springframework.context.support.ClassPathXmlApplicationContext.<init>(ClassPathXmlApplicationContext.java:139)
        at org.springframework.context.support.ClassPathXmlApplicationContext.<init>(ClassPathXmlApplicationContext.java:83)
        at com.cloud.usage.UsageServer.start(UsageServer.java:52)
        ... 5 more
Caused by: org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Could not autowire field: private com.cloud.usage.dao.UsageDao com.cloud.usage.parser.PortForwardingUsageParser._usageDao; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'usageDaoImpl' defined in URL [jar:file:/usr/share/cloudstack-usage/lib/cloud-server-4.2.0-SNAPSHOT.jar!/com/cloud/usage/dao/UsageDaoImpl.class]: BeanPostProcessor before instantiation of bean failed; nested exception is net.sf.cglib.core.CodeGenerationException: java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError-->null
@

RE: [QA]question on cloudstack-usage service

Posted by Suresh Sadhu <Su...@citrix.com>.
Thanks Abhinav. Its looks like  mistakenly I have applied permissions on source folder.

Hugo: your work around is working fine. After copying  the 2 files in /etc/cloudstack/usage directory  ,gave access permission (755) and restart the cloud-usage service. Then issue won't see again.

Regards
Sadhu

Posted by Hugo Trippaers <HT...@schubergphilis.com>.
Suresh,

Can you test with the latest build on master? I've updated the usage package to fix this problem. See commit ae16f332132a5eb1e3ff85a0c435dbe25a1d6299.

If your tests are ok I can ask Chip to pull it into the 4.1 branch

Cheers,

Hugo

https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=cloudstack.git;a=commit;h=ae16f332132a5eb1e3ff85a0c435dbe25a1d6299

Posted by Suresh Sadhu <Su...@citrix.com>.