Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Timon Grützmacher <ti...@zeilenschmiede.de> on 2008/09/15 18:02:00 UTC

MyFaces ClassLoader Issue

Hi everybody.

I'm trying to include a dynamic webservice client in my MyFaces app
using apache CXF (http://cxf.apache.org).

There no problem building a service, but when i build a dynamic client
in my code the initialization of MyFaces fails with the message
"java.lang.IllegalStateException: No Factories configured for this
Application. [...]".
I build the client in an application scoped bean defined as a
ServletContextListener at the end of the contextInitialized method.

I guess the reason was already discussed here (but unfortunately without
a solution): http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MYFACES-1158

Even if the dynamic client factory of JSF doesn't create the classes for
the complex types the initialization fails at that point.
The client itself was build successfully and works if a simple method is
called directly.

I'm using Tomcat 5.5.26, MyFaces 1.1.6 and Apache CXF 2.1.2.

Could there be any workaround for this problem?
Any help would be really appreciated.

Cheers,
   Timon