Posted to dev@forrest.apache.org by Dave Brondsema <da...@brondsema.net> on 2003/12/04 00:47:34 UTC

Re: website updates

Quoting David Crossley <cr...@indexgeo.com.au>:

> Dave Brondsema wrote:
> > AFAICT, the forrest website has not been updated lately.
> > Can this be done?
>
> Yes, it can be done. Do you know how? I can explain if you
> do not know. At one stage i think that we had the forrestbot
> doing it automatically, but AFAICT it is not happening now.

No, I don't know how.

> I do not have a problem with us publishing docs that are under
> development - just put a Warning notice at the top.
>
> I suppose that you want to update the current "forrestbot.html"
> and friends to reflect the new forrestbot, yet we still need to
> keep the docs about the old forrestbot for the meantime. Is that
> the dilemma? Perhaps we could just copy the current doc to say
> "forrestbot-old.html" and make some links and notices.

Good idea; I will do that.

--
Dave Brondsema
dave@brondsema.net

Re: website updates

Posted by David Crossley <cr...@indexgeo.com.au>.
Here are some quick notes to get you going. (...in a rush today.)

Use forrest-0.5 and build Forrest docs as usual.

'cvs checkout xml-site/targets/forrest'

copy stuff from xml-forrest/build/site to xml-site/targets/forrest

'cvs add' any new files.

cvs commit xml-site/targets/forrest

There is a cron job on minotaur (= cvs.apache.org = www.apache,org)
as 'rubys' that does a cvs checkout into /www/xml.apache.org/forrest/
... I think that this happens every six hours.

Done.

If you need to do an urgent update, then you can do:
ssh cvs.apache.org
cd /www/xml.apache.org/forrest/
... ensure 'umask 0002' to make files group writable
cvs update -Pd
... see the Cocoon Wiki page for guidance
http://wiki.cocoondev.org/Wiki.jsp?page=CocoonWebsiteUpdate

--David