Posted to dev@cordova.apache.org by Kevin Hawkins <kh...@salesforce.com> on 2012/10/22 01:03:51 UTC

A couple of proposed updates to the iOS Cordova library

I have a couple of (minor) proposed updates to the iOS Cordova library.  I have code for these already, so they'd be easy enough to add.  It would be good to get feedback before pulling the trigger, though.

1)      Add a [CDVPluginResult resultWithStatus:messageAsBool:] method to the existing plugin result convenience methods.

2)      In [CDVWhitelist errorStringForURL:], allow the returned message to be overridden by a consuming app with a (localized) custom format string in their app.

Any objections to or suggestions for either of these?

Thanks,
Kevin

RE: A couple of proposed updates to the iOS Cordova library

Posted by Kevin Hawkins <kh...@salesforce.com>.
For 2), what I was looking at was a well-known/documented localization key that, if the dev added to his/her Localizable.strings file(s), would override the default string.  And in the absence of it, the default string would be used.  Such a change wouldn't require any changes to the existing method signature for [CDVWhitelist errorStringForURL:].  So, for instance the user would define a value in en.lproj/Localizable.strings like:

/* My customized whitelist rejection string.  'CDVWhitelistRejectionFormatString' is well-known. */
"CDVWhitelistRejectionFormatString" = "Trying to go to %@?  What's the matter with you?";

But your idea seems more flexible, as the user could override the suggested method, and then provide whatever implementation he/she wanted.

Kevin

     [CDVWhiteList errorStringWithFormat:(NSString*) format forUrl:(NSString*)url] ?

Posted by Shazron <sh...@gmail.com>.
1) ok

Posted by Filip Maj <fi...@adobe.com>.
>1)      Add a [CDVPluginResult resultWithStatus:messageAsBool:] method to
>the existing plugin result convenience methods.

If we provide convenience methods for the other types then why not this
one too. +1