Posted to user@pivot.apache.org by Greg Brown <gk...@mac.com> on 2010/07/29 16:32:17 UTC

Re: Reporting and JDBC (was: Pivot "success stories" - PLEASE READ)

> I wish Pivot can provide more and more enterprise feature ,more example and
> more easy to use.
>
> For example,
> 1.Reporting solution.

What tool do you use for reporting now? It may be possible to write a basic Pivot wrapper for it, like we do with JFreeChart.

> 2.JDBC tableview adapter.

Does your application talk to the database via JDBC directly?

Re: Reporting and JDBC (was: Pivot "success stories" - PLEASE READ)

Posted by Greg Brown <gk...@mac.com>.
> 1.Report tools.
> Now I use IBM info print to generate the PDF in AS400 side since this
> function already exist in old system already.
> I am looking for some open sucore report tools like JasperReports .
> Do you have any recommend?

I have never used them myself, but I have heard good things about JasperReports. ReportMill is another one you could consider, though it is not open source. Either one could probably be wrapped fairly easily for use in a Pivot application. If you do decide to take this approach, please consider contributing your results to the project!

> 2.JDBC tableview adapter.
> My application is use JSP(json )to get data by jdbc .and then pass to
> tableview.

OK, that's good. TableView currently supports JSON data natively - you can take the result of JSONSerializer#readObject() and use it as your table model without conversion. Are you currently using it this way?

Re: Reporting and JDBC (was: Pivot "success stories" - PLEASE READ)

Posted by Greg Brown <gk...@mac.com>.
> 1.Report tools.
> Now I use IBM info print to generate the PDF in AS400 side since this
> function already exist in old system already.
> I am looking for some open sucore report tools like JasperReports .
> Do you have any recommend?

I have never used them myself, but I have heard good things about JasperReports. ReportMill is another one you could consider, though it is not open source. Either one could probably be wrapped fairly easily for use in a Pivot application. If you do decide to take this approach, please consider contributing your results to the project!

> 2.JDBC tableview adapter.
> My application is use JSP(json )to get data by jdbc .and then pass to
> tableview.

OK, that's good. TableView currently supports JSON data natively - you can take the result of JSONSerializer#readObject() and use it as your table model without conversion. Are you currently using it this way?

Re: Reporting and JDBC (was: Pivot "success stories" - PLEASE READ)

Posted by ke...@sz.murata.com.cn.
Hi Greg,

1.Report tools.
Now I use IBM info print to generate the PDF in AS400 side since this
function already exist in old system already.
I am looking for some open sucore report tools like JasperReports .
Do you have any recommend?

2.JDBC tableview adapter.
My application is use JSP(json )to get data by jdbc .and then pass to
tableview.

Yes,we can make anything by ourself.
But if we can provide the success stories with demo application(Full
enterprise feature).then new comer is easy to study and use it.

Best regards,
Ken Jiang

Murata Electronics Trading  (Shenzhen) Co.,Ltd
Tel:86-755-82847251
E-mail:kenjiang@sz.murata.com.cn

  From:       Greg Brown <gk...@mac.com>

  To:         user@pivot.apache.org