Posted to user@uima.apache.org by Sergii Poluektov <se...@googlemail.com> on 2015/07/22 13:12:00 UTC

DUCC multi-node installation. Beginner's questions.

Hello Everyone,

I am now trying to install DUCC in a cluster of 3 nodes. I went through and
completed a single-user installation of DUCC on each of my 3 boxes.
On each of them a passwordless ssh access for the user ducc has been
configured.

The documentation states:
"All systems in the DUCC cluster must have a shared filesystem and shared
user space (user directories are shared over NFS or an equivalent networked
file system, across the systems, and user ids and credentials are the
same)."

I am only starting with the cloud computing and that is why I am not sure
how to meet this requirement.
How I imagine this is that there is one master node being an NFS server
which shares its /home/ducc directory and there are 2 slave nodes being NFS
clients which can access the /home/ducc directory of the master.
Does it make sense?

I read the documentation as well as the mailing list very carefully but
unfortunatelly could not figure this out.
Maybe someone has a description of the NFS installation for some other but
similar cluster system?

Thanks in advance for the help.

Cheers,
Sergii

Re: DUCC multi-node installation. Beginner's questions.

Posted by Eddie Epstein <ea...@gmail.com>.
Hi Sergii,

Thanks much for the suggested documentation change.
DUCC v2.0 is getting close to release and now will have this info.

Eddie

Posted by Sergii Poluektov <se...@googlemail.com>.
Hi Eddie,