Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Jürgen Schmidt <jo...@gmail.com> on 2013/10/10 13:56:31 UTC

Problem with building branch l10n40 on MacOS

Hi Jan,

as promised I tried to build the l10n40 branch on MacOS. I started with
my normal config settings and included some languages (keyid bg da de
en-US).

The first error I got was in l10ntools, makedepend was missing which is
built in soltools. This is strange because l10tools has a build
dependency on soltools. Anyway solving this manually I got the next
error in l10ntools.

The next problem was that lucene was not built and here the build
dependency is missing in l10ntools/prj/build.lst. Solving manually ...

Next problem is a missing hash_map header

In file included from
.../svn/l10n40/main/l10ntools/source/help/HelpLinker.cxx:24:
.../svn/l10n40/main/l10ntools/source/help/HelpCompiler.hxx:28:20: error:
hash_map: No such file or directory
.../l10n40/main/l10ntools/source/help/HelpCompiler.hxx:37:32: error:
boost/shared_ptr.hpp: No such file or directory

It seems that some build dependencies are missing ... I will continue
when I have time ...

Is the branch in sync with trunk or nearly up-to-date?

My recommendation is to build from scratch with a clean env to detect
missing dependencies.

Juergen

Re: Problem with building branch l10n40 on MacOS

Posted by janI <ja...@apache.org>.
On 10 October 2013 15:33, Jürgen Schmidt <jo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 10/10/13 3:05 PM, janI wrote:
>> On 10 October 2013 13:56, Jürgen Schmidt <jo...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Hi Jan,
>>>
>>> as promised I tried to build the l10n40 branch on MacOS. I started with
>>> my normal config settings and included some languages (keyid bg da de
>>> en-US).
>>>
>>> The first error I got was in l10ntools, makedepend was missing which is
>>> built in soltools. This is strange because l10tools has a build
>>> dependency on soltools. Anyway solving this manually I got the next
>>> error in l10ntools.
>> Firstly thanks for taking time to test the branch.
>>
>> makedepend should be (as you write) built in soltools. I assume you
>> used "build --all --genPO" ?
>
> my first attempt was to build simply with "build --all" from instset_native

That does not work at the moment because I am integrating merge.

I have solved the other problem, which I introduced while trying to
get merge to work in helpcontent2.

if you use:
R1530978

that builds l10ntools cleanly on my ubuntu. (build --all --genPO)

sorry for the inconvinience.

>>> The next problem was that lucene was not built and here the build
>>> dependency is missing in l10ntools/prj/build.lst. Solving manually ...
>>
>> I removed lucene, because I could not see it being used in the make
>> files, however I had recently to "restore" the helplinker since its
>> used in helpcontent2, maybe that uses lucene, I have to dig into that.
>
> lucense is used in the help system to generate the index etc. I believe
> it is done partly during build and later during the first start of the
> help. Can't remember the details.

Thanks I did not know that.

>>> Next problem is a missing hash_map header
>>>
>>> In file included from
>>> .../svn/l10n40/main/l10ntools/source/help/HelpLinker.cxx:24:
>>> .../svn/l10n40/main/l10ntools/source/help/HelpCompiler.hxx:28:20: error:
>>> hash_map: No such file or directory
>>> .../l10n40/main/l10ntools/source/help/HelpCompiler.hxx:37:32: error:
>>> boost/shared_ptr.hpp: No such file or directory
>>
>> both hash_map and shared_ptr should be part of boost, I will try to
>> investigate it a bit.
>>
>> Actually I will modify the makefile, not to include helplinker when doing genPO.
>
> not sure if I understand but independent of using --genPO or not the
> build should work ;-)

totally agree, but right now it is a floating target, since I am
halfway through integrating merge. Once merge is integrated build will
work as usuad.

when you do "build --all --genPO", it extract all texts, makes
template files ready for pootle.

The workflow will be:
1) build --all --genPO
2) commit templates in svn and update template dir in pootle
3) run "update against templates" in pootle
4) translate
5) commit po files to svn
6) build --all --with-lang="1 2 3 ..."

And right now I work on 6).

rgds
jan I.

Posted by Andrea Pescetti <pe...@apache.org>.
janI wrote:
> 1) rebuild l10ntools from scratch, and redirect all the warnings to a file,
> mail me the file

Done, and sent you the file.

> 2) rm languages/source/templates/*; build --all --genPO and then do a svn
> diff in  languages/source/templates, you will see 5 files missing

Confirmed:
$ svn st
!       crashrep.pot
!       javainstaller2.pot
!       mysqlc.pot
!       reportbuilder.pot
!       swext.pot

Regards,
   Andrea.

Re: Problem with building branch l10n40 on MacOS

Posted by janI <ja...@apache.org>.
On 16 October 2013 10:11, janI <ja...@apache.org> wrote:

> On 16 October 2013 08:42, Andrea Pescetti <pe...@apache.org> wrote:
>
>> On 11/10/2013 janI wrote:
>>
>>> I think I have corrected the flex issue, with r1531149, thanks to the
>>> flex generated file I got from juergen.
>>> @andrea, @jsc, when you have time please give it a shoot.
>>> please only "build --all --genPo"
>>>

>> I confirm that the build is now successful, very good.
>>
>> I still get a bunch of warnings, all following the pattern
>>
>> Compiling: l10ntools/source/gL10nMem.cxx
>> .../main/l10ntools/source/**gL10nMem.cxx: In member function 'void
>> l10nMem_impl::**convertToInetString(std::**string&)':
>> .../main/l10ntools/source/**gL10nMem.cxx:714:68: warning: comparison
>> between signed and unsigned integer expressions [-Wsign-compare]
>>      while((pos = sText.find(replacingStr[i], pos)) != std::string::npos)
>> {
>>                                                                     ^
>> but I'm mentioning this only because you were addressing all warnings; I
>> get lots of them in other modules too.
>>
>> Thanks for your effort so far, can I ask you to do 2 things more:
>
> 1) rebuild l10ntools from scratch, and redirect all the warnings to a
> file, mail me the file, so I can edit them one-by-one, it seems some of the
> standard functions is changed to unsigned int.
>
> 2) rm languages/source/templates/*; build --all --genPO and then do a svn
> diff in  languages/source/templates, you will see 5 files missing (at least
> the happened for juergen and me) because the build system does not call the
> modules (svn up cures that problem). All other files should be undchanged.
>
> thanks in advance.
> rgds
> jan I.
>
> Ps. for info, yesterday I finally got helpcontent2 working with "genLang
> merge", next stop is SWL where I have a problem generating .src files
> correctly.

spelling mistake, its svx.

rgds
jan I.

Posted by janI <ja...@apache.org>.

Posted by Andrea Pescetti <pe...@apache.org>.

Posted by Jürgen Schmidt <jo...@gmail.com>.
On 10/12/13 9:36 PM, janI wrote:
> On 11 October 2013 10:20, Jürgen Schmidt <jo...@gmail.com> wrote:

>> /Users/jsc/dev/svn/l10n40/main/moz

>>> I am confused:
>>>
>>> yes dave? build --genPO
>>> build -- version: 275224
>>>

>>> =============
>>> Building module moz
>>> =============
>>>
>>> Entering /share/opensource/aoo/branches/l10n40/main/moz
>>>

>>> Entering /share/opensource/aoo/branches/l10n40/main/moz/zipped
>>>

>>> Can it have something to do with the config settings:
>>> ./configure --with-jdk-home=/usr/lib/jvm/java-6-openjdk \
>>>             --with-epm-url="
>> http://code.google.com/a/apache-extras.org/p/ooo-extras/downloads/detail?name=3ade8cfe7e59ca8e65052644fed9fca4-epm-3.7-source.tar.gz&can=2&q=epm-3.7.tar.gz
>> "
>>> \
>>>             --with-dmake-url=
>> http://dmake.apache-extras.org.codespot.com/files/dmake-4.12.tar.bz2
>>> \
>>>             --enable-verbose \
>>>             --enable-category-b \
>>>             --enable-dbus \
>>>             --enable-gstreamer \
>>>             --enable-bundled-dictionaries \
>>>             --enable-opengl \
>>>             --with-lang="da en-US es" \
>>>             --with-package-format="rpm deb" \
>>>             --with-vendor="jani local build"
>>>
>>> rgds
>>> jan I.
>>
>> I use normally "--disable-build-mozilla" and use the prebuild moz files
>> on MacOS
>>
>> Now I have disabled mozilla completely. hdu is working on removing moz
>> on MacOS completely.
>>

> I found the problem in moz and have corrected it (it would also show up on
> some other platforms).
>
> I also found the problem with help_simpress.pot (R1531582), I had forgotten
> to update the pot file after I corrected an error in genLang.
>
> Right now I have a pseudo problem, when genLang changes all pot files
> should be remade, but that does not happen automatically (no dependency)
> and with the current build system is not something easy to change.

if this remains the only problem we can live with it quite well ;-)

Juergen

Posted by janI <ja...@apache.org>.

Posted by Jürgen Schmidt <jo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by janI <ja...@apache.org>.
On 11 October 2013 09:39, Jürgen Schmidt <jo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Jan,
>
> I will change my config setting to continue but you should take a look
> on --genPO swtich
>

> Entering /Users/jsc/dev/svn/l10n40/main/moz
>
> mkout -- version: 1.8
> dmake:  Error: -- Don't know how to make `genPO'
>
> 1 module(s):
>         moz
> need(s) to be rebuilt
>
> Reason(s):
>
> ERROR: error 65280 occurred while making /Users/jsc/dev/svn/l10n40/main/moz
>
> When you have fixed the errors in that module you can resume the build
> by running:
>
>         build --all:moz

I am confused:

yes dave? build --genPO
build -- version: 275224

=============
Building module moz
=============

Posted by Jürgen Schmidt <jo...@gmail.com>.
On 10/11/13 1:02 AM, janI wrote:
> Thx.
>
> I think I have corrected the flex issue, with r1531149, thanks to the
> flex generated file I got from juergen.
>
> @andrea, @jsc, when you have time please give it a shoot.

l10ntools is building now

Some further warnings

../unxmacxi.pro/misc/gConPo_yy.c: In function ‘int PoWrap::yylex()’:
../unxmacxi.pro/misc/gConPo_yy.c:864: warning: comparison between signed
and unsigned integer expressions

SrcWrap.o /Users/jsc/dev/svn/l10n40/main/l10ntools/source/gConSrcWrap.cxx
../unxmacxi.pro/misc/gConSrc_yy.c: In function ‘int SrcWrap::yylex()’:
../unxmacxi.pro/misc/gConSrc_yy.c:1792: warning: comparison between
signed and unsigned integer expressions
gConSrclex.l:134: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned
integer expressions
gConSrclex.l:141: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned
integer expressions
gConSrclex.l:224: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned
integer expressions
gConSrclex.l:239: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned
integer expressions
gConSrclex.l:246: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned
integer expressions
gConSrclex.l:254: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned
integer expressions
gConSrclex.l:266: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned
integer expressions
gConSrclex.l:275: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned
integer expressions
gConSrclex.l:283: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned
integer expressions
gConSrclex.l:290: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned
integer expressions

../unxmacxi.pro/misc/gConXrm_yy.c: In function ‘int XrmWrap::yylex()’:
../unxmacxi.pro/misc/gConXrm_yy.c:860: warning: comparison between
signed and unsigned integer expressions

../unxmacxi.pro/misc/gConXhp_yy.c: In function ‘int XhpWrap::yylex()’:
../unxmacxi.pro/misc/gConXhp_yy.c:926: warning: comparison between
signed and unsigned integer expressions

../unxmacxi.pro/misc/gConXcs_yy.c: In function ‘int XcsWrap::yylex()’:
../unxmacxi.pro/misc/gConXcs_yy.c:835: warning: comparison between
signed and unsigned integer expressions

../unxmacxi.pro/misc/gConXcu_yy.c: In function ‘int XcuWrap::yylex()’:
../unxmacxi.pro/misc/gConXcu_yy.c:1057: warning: comparison between
signed and unsigned integer expressions

../unxmacxi.pro/misc/gConUlf_yy.c: In function ‘int UlfWrap::yylex()’:
../unxmacxi.pro/misc/gConUlf_yy.c:838: warning: comparison between
signed and unsigned integer expressions

../unxmacxi.pro/misc/gConTree_yy.c: In function ‘int TreeWrap::yylex()’:
../unxmacxi.pro/misc/gConTree_yy.c:858: warning: comparison between
signed and unsigned integer expressions

I will report back when I get further info, the build is running ...

Juergen

Posted by janI <ja...@apache.org>.
Thx.

Posted by Jürgen Schmidt <jo...@gmail.com>.
On 10/10/13 3:56 PM, janI wrote:
> On 10 October 2013 15:51, Jürgen Schmidt <jo...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> after solving some further dependency problems ... I get now this error
>>
>> /usr/bin/g++-4.0 -fsigned-char -fmessage-length=0 -malign-natural -c
>> -O2 -fno-strict-aliasing -DENABLE_LAYOUT=0
>> -DENABLE_LAYOUT_EXPERIMENTAL=0   -I. -I../unxmacxi.pro/misc
>> -I../unxmacxi.pro/inc/genLang -I../inc -I../inc/pch -I../inc
>> -I../aqua/inc -I../unx/inc -I../unxmacxi.pro/inc -I.
>> -I/Users/jsc/dev/svn/l10n40/main/solver/410/unxmacxi.pro/inc/stl
>> -I/Users/jsc/dev/svn/l10n40/main/solver/410/unxmacxi.pro/inc/external
>> -I/Users/jsc/dev/svn/l10n40/main/solver/410/unxmacxi.pro/inc
>> -I/Users/jsc/dev/svn/l10n40/main/solenv/unxmacxi/inc
>> -I/Users/jsc/dev/svn/l10n40/main/solenv/inc
>> -I/Users/jsc/dev/svn/l10n40/main/res
>> -I/Users/jsc/dev/svn/l10n40/main/solver/410/unxmacxi.pro/inc/stl
>> -I/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.4u.sdk/System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/Current/Headers
>> -I/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.4u.sdk/System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Headers
>>  -I/Users/jsc/dev/svn/l10n40/main/solver/410/unxmacxi.pro/inc/offuh -I.
>> -I../res -I. -pipe -malign-natural -fsigned-char  -Wno-ctor-dtor-privacy
>> -Wall -Wendif-labels -Wno-ctor-dtor-privacy -Wno-non-virtual-dtor
>> -fPIC -fno-common -DMACOSX -DUNX -DVCL -DGCC -DC341 -DINTEL -DGLIBC=2
>> -D_PTHREADS -D_REENTRANT -DNO_PTHREAD_PRIORITY -DX86
>> -DSTLPORT_VERSION=400 -D_USE_NAMESPACE=1 -DQUARTZ -isysroot
>> /Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.4u.sdk -D__DMAKE -DUNIX -DCPPU_ENV=gcc3
>> -DGXX_INCLUDE_PATH=/usr/include/c++/4.0.0 -DSUPD=410 -DPRODUCT -DNDEBUG
>> -DOSL_DEBUG_LEVEL=0 -DOPTIMIZE -DCUI -DSOLAR_JAVA
>> -DYY_NEVER_INTERACTIVE=1   -fexceptions -fno-enforce-eh-specs
>> -DEXCEPTIONS_ON  -o ../unxmacxi.pro/obj/gConPoWrap.o
>> /Users/jsc/dev/svn/l10n40/main/l10ntools/source/gConPoWrap.cxx
>> ../unxmacxi.pro/misc/gConPo_yy.c: In function ‘int PoWrap::yylex()’:
>> ../unxmacxi.pro/misc/gConPo_yy.c:864: warning: comparison between signed
>> and unsigned integer expressions
>> ../unxmacxi.pro/misc/gConPo_yy.c: In function ‘int
>> PoWrap::yy_get_next_buffer()’:
>> ../unxmacxi.pro/misc/gConPo_yy.c:1177: error: invalid conversion from
>> ‘PoWrap::yy_size_t*’ to ‘int*’
>> ../unxmacxi.pro/misc/gConPo_yy.c:1177: error:   initializing argument 2
>> of ‘void convert_gen_impl::lexRead(char*, int*, int)’
>> dmake:  Error code 1, while making '../unxmacxi.pro/obj/gConPoWrap.obj'
>> ERROR: error 65280 occurred while making
>> /Users/jsc/dev/svn/l10n40/main/l10ntools/source
>>

>> I am sure you know the relation between the flex files, the generated
>> files and the other related files ;-)
>
> I do, andrea got the same error, but I dont in ubuntu. I think flex
> generates different output, can you please mail me gConPo_yy.c so I
> see the differences.

done

Juergen

Posted by janI <ja...@apache.org>.