Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by John <ba...@sdf.lonestar.org> on 2006/09/23 10:43:31 UTC

Minimalistic svn setup

Hi there,

I'm trying to update to svn 1.4.0, but currently stuck at configuring, I'm
using the follwoing commandline:

[~/subversion-1.4.0]$ ./configure --without-apache --without-apxs
--without-apr --without-apr-util --disable-mod-activation
--prefix=$HOME/svn/

configure: Configuring Subversion 1.4.0

--snip--
checking for static Apache module support... checking for Apache module
support
via DSO through APXS... no
WARNING: skipping the build of mod_dav_svn
         --with-apxs or --with-apache must be used
configure: Apache Portable Runtime (APR) library configuration
checking for APR... configure: error: --with-apr requires a directory or
file to
 be provided
[~/subversion-1.4.0]$

What do I have to do to make configure accept my --without-packages args?
I have looked around in the archives, and this issue keeps being razed
from time to time, yet it doesn't seem to get addressed by the configure
script.

Any advice greatly welcome.

Thanks

Re: Minimalistic svn setup

Posted by Erik Huelsmann <eh...@gmail.com>.
On 9/23/06, Erik Huelsmann <eh...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Please don't send every message twice.

Hmm. Sorry, I thought I saw another message from you posted twice too.
It seems I was mistaken.

bye,

Erik.

Re: Minimalistic svn setup

Posted by Erik Huelsmann <eh...@gmail.com>.

On 9/23/06, John <ba...@sdf.lonestar.org> wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I'm trying to update to svn 1.4.0, but currently stuck at configuring, I'm
> using the follwoing commandline:
>

> [~/subversion-1.4.0]$ ./configure --without-apache --without-apxs
> --without-apr --without-apr-util --disable-mod-activation
> --prefix=$HOME/svn/

[ snip ]

> configure: Apache Portable Runtime (APR) library configuration
> checking for APR... configure: error: --with-apr requires a directory or
> file to
>  be provided
> [~/subversion-1.4.0]$
>
> What do I have to do to make configure accept my --without-packages args?

Configure just told you so: --without-apr equals --with-apr=no, but,
that won't work: you need to pass it a directory.

> I have looked around in the archives, and this issue keeps being razed
> from time to time, yet it doesn't seem to get addressed by the configure
> script.

I'm sorry? The configure line you used above is illegal: you can't
build subversion without APR and APR-UTIL: they are the libraries
which make Subversion the cross platform application it is. They take
care of lots of platform differences in a unified way.

> Any advice greatly welcome.

You need to build with APR and APR-UTIL... (Though you don't need to
build with apxs or apache.)

HTH,

Erik.