Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by Vin Karthik <vi...@yahoo.com> on 2005/09/02 10:50:09 UTC

Usage of SMTPAppender

Hi,
I am a newbie to Log4J logging utility...

Can someone please let me know the usage of SMTPAppender?

I tried writing a piece of code but i do not seem to be getting any mails at all..Do i need to include any additional software in the classpath for it to work as expected?

I am using the logging-log4j-1.3alpha-6 version of log4j and javamail-1.3.3 version of javamail.Will this work?

Please do let me know how this has to be done?

Thanks
Karthik

---------------------------------
Yahoo! Mail for Mobile

Re: Usage of SMTPAppender

Posted by Jim Rice <ji...@gmail.com>.
Secondly,

Make sure that the LEVEL of the messages is at least ERROR or that your
buffersize value is small enough to cause it to get flushed periodically.

HTH,

Jim

Re: Usage of SMTPAppender

Posted by James Stauffer <st...@gmail.com>.