Posted to soap-user@ws.apache.org by Darren Holland <da...@tdmgroup.com> on 2001/11/01 01:38:55 UTC

Using an applet as a SOAP client

Hi all,

I am just gettting started with SOAP and have succesfully managed to get
my first test program working (hurrah!), as always with these things I
have solved a few problems and learnt some stuff along the way and come
through it with some questions...

Q1. I was planning to use SOAP from an applet in order to get some
statistics for my website, from my tests it seems the client needs to
have xerces.jar (1.8 Mb), soap.jar (220Kb), mail.jar & activation.jar, a
fairly hefty Kb total for a client to download remotely, is there any
way in which its possible to cut down the total size of the download for
the client?

Q2. I want to use SOAP to return an array of objects that contain my
stats, I cannot find an example that returns an array of objects in this
way, can anyone point in the right direction?

TIA

Darren Holland.