Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by "Boeckli, Dominique" <do...@eds.com> on 2006/07/14 14:00:03 UTC

JScookMenu Problem again

Hi Folks,

This problem was posted already but at the wrong place and i said it
was solved, but it is not. Sorry for that.

Same problem with tomahawk-1.1.3.jar.

I've found a workaround using a redirect on the jsp containing the
JScookMenu:

<%@ page language="java" contentType="text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1"
    pageEncoding="ISO-8859-1"%>

<%@taglib uri="http://java.sun.com/jstl/core" prefix="c"%>

<%@taglib uri="http://java.sun.com/jsf/core" prefix="f"%>
<%@taglib uri="http://java.sun.com/jsf/html" prefix="h"%>

<t:documentHead>

<title></title>

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="css/common.css" />
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="css/basic.css" />

</t:documentHead>

	<%--
	This is a hack to fix a bug in the JScookMenu where picture are
not
	displayed when the page is loaded for the first time and its
browser
	cache (cookies) is empty.
	--%>

	<c:redirect url="/tpflog_dest.jsf" context="/TPFlogWeb"/>

Greetings

Dominique

vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv
vvv
vvvvvvvv here follows the original message describing the problem
vvvvvvvvv
vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv
vvv

I have following problem with the JScookmenu:

The internal gifs are not displayed when accessing my page the first
time. After reload the picture are there.
When i close the page and I clear all cached data in the browser (incl.
The cookies) and I call the same page
Again I get the same problem again.

Following is the URL to the picture:
http://tpfssw.eds.ch:8080/TPFlogWeb/faces/myFacesExtensionResource/org.a
pache.myfaces.renderkit.html.util.MyFacesResourceLoader/11527865/navmenu
.jscookmenu.HtmlJSCookMenuRenderer/ThemeOffice/;jsessionid=09C25C770F30F
BB0EB1CBE6FF73268A3arrow.gif

The URL is wrong. Should be in front of the jsessionid!
The correct URL should be:
http://tpfssw.eds.ch:8080/TPFlogWeb/faces/myFacesExtensionResource/org.a
pache.myfaces.renderkit.html.util.MyFacesResourceLoader/11527865/navmenu
.jscookmenu.HtmlJSCookMenuRenderer/ThemeOffice/arrow.gif;jsessionid=09C2
5C770F30FBB0EB1CBE6FF73268A3

The URL is wrong. Should be in front of the jsessionid!

In fact, the error happens when I delete the cookies or when the cookies
are not there yet (first call).

With IE i get this problem only at first call, but then i am not able
anymore to reproduce it, even when i clear the cookies and the offline
data.
In Firefox I can reproduce it whenever i delete the cookies.

After reload of the page the URL is the following:

http://tpfssw.eds.ch:8080/TPFlogWeb/faces/myFacesExtensionResource/org.a
pache.myfaces.renderkit.html.util.MyFacesResourceLoader/11527865/navmenu
.jscookmenu.HtmlJSCookMenuRenderer/ThemeOffice/arrow.gif

No jsessionID, and the image is there!

I got this problem with all Tomahawk version. No i am using:
tomahawk-1.1.2.jar

I checked the examples on Irian's page: Same problem under the condition
that the jsf page is called directly without any jsf page in between:

How to reproduce it: - Use Firefox (with IE it is harder to reproduce it
but the effect is worser, red crosses)
                     - clear all cached data (incl. Cookies)
                     - call: http://www.irian.at/myfaces/jscookmenu.jsf
                     - effect: no right arrows and blank.gif
                     - reload
                     - magic: right arrows (arrow.gif) are there and
blank.gif as well

Many thanks for your help

Greetings

Dominique