Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by "Jiang, Peiyun " <Pe...@nrc-cnrc.gc.ca> on 2006/03/02 21:34:22 UTC

java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: on server

I'm new to axis. I got the following error and could not figure out what's wrong:

I'm running axis 1.3 on Tomcat 5.5 on Windows 2000. I installed axis with my own web application.
(1) The installation seems OK. I can get the pages at http://myserver.com:8080/myapp/happyaxis.jsp, http://myserver.com:8080/myapp/index.jsp. It behaves just like if you would haved installed axis along: http://myserver.com:8080/axis/happyaxis.jsp

(2) I coded a simple java class. I generated the other classes using java org.apache.axis.wsdl.Java2WSDL and java org.apache.axis.wsdl.WSL2Java following axis documentation and some web pages.

(3) I then deployed my web application to tomcat. The application was up and running. I can access the application from a browser.

(4) I then deployed the web service with java org.apache.axis.client.AdminClient.
I got: <Admin>Done processing</Admin>. I think it went OK.
I did "java org.apache.axis.client.AdminClient list" and my web service was among the list.

(5) The problem is: I got Exceptions on the server side when I deployed using
"java org.apache.axis.client.AdminClient my.wsdd":

This was logged by tomcat server standard output:
- Exception:
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: mypackage.MyClassSoapBindingSkeleton
	at org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.loadClass(WebappClassLoader.java:1332)
	at org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.loadClass(WebappClassLoader.java:1181)
	at org.apache.axis.utils.ClassUtils$2.run(ClassUtils.java:186)
	at org.apache.axis.utils.ClassUtils.loadClass(ClassUtils.java:160)
	at org.apache.axis.utils.ClassUtils.forName(ClassUtils.java:142)

The class was in /myapp/WEB-INF/classes/mypackage/MyClassSoapBindingSkeleton.class. I'm sure it's there.

I could not access the web service.

I think the service was never up. The message "<Admin>Done processing</Admin>" is misleading. I don't understand the "java.lang.ClassNotFoundException" exception. Is axis class loading different from normal servlet class loading?

I'm clueless. Please help.

-- Peiyun