Posted to jmeter-dev@jakarta.apache.org by Jorg Heymans <jh...@domek.be> on 2004/01/27 10:58:21 UTC

md5 assertion

Hi,

I have a use case for md5hex assertion functionality.
Basically my servlet generates loads of dynamic images / sounds
depending on user parameters (jgenerator alike)so I need to verify at a
binary level if the response is exactly the one i expect.

Having fixed a quirky bug in the size assertion gui yesterday (is
bugzilla still relaying to the dev list btw?), i think i would be quite
comfortable in adding this functionality. Are you guys interested in
this? I think it is generally usable for other types of verification, no
more need to do (complicated) regexes or matches, md5hex is verifying at
the binary level.

Comments?
Jorg