Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by "HERBERT L. PLAFKER" <hp...@hotmail.com> on 2018/07/23 18:32:07 UTC

MORPHING

Dear Apache,

I have been using OpenOffice for several years now. Mainly in the spread sheet format. One of my home documents is INVESTMENT STATUS 2018.ods – OpenOffice Calc.
I’ve been opening and updating this spreadsheet since the beginning of the year. The last time being a few days after July 1st. Last week I went into the OpenOffice menu and opened the spread sheet shortcut for the spread sheets and then to the file with Recent Documents. I clicked on  INVESTMENT STATUS 2018.ods and up came a Text Document with unknown names and other symbols. Thinking I pressed something wrong, I repeated this many times.
When I try to open  INVESTMENT STATUS 2018.ods – OpenOffice Calc. I find I am opening  INVESTMENT STATUS 2018.ods – OpenOffice Writer. What is going on. How can a Calc. spreadsheet morph into a non-spreadsheet? Where did the information on the text document come from? Most important, where is my spread sheet data from the beginning of the year? Unfortunately I did not backup the spread sheet.

Have you ever come across this? Can you help me?

Very truly yours,

Herb Plafker

Re: MORPHING

Posted by David Robley <ro...@gmail.com>.
On 24/07/18 04:02, HERBERT L. PLAFKER wrote:
> Dear Apache,
>
> I have been using OpenOffice for several years now. Mainly in the spread sheet format. One of my home documents is INVESTMENT STATUS 2018.ods – OpenOffice Calc.
> I’ve been opening and updating this spreadsheet since the beginning of the year. The last time being a few days after July 1st. Last week I went into the OpenOffice menu and opened the spread sheet shortcut for the spread sheets and then to the file with Recent Documents. I clicked on  INVESTMENT STATUS 2018.ods and up came a Text Document with unknown names and other symbols. Thinking I pressed something wrong, I repeated this many times.
> When I try to open  INVESTMENT STATUS 2018.ods – OpenOffice Calc. I find I am opening  INVESTMENT STATUS 2018.ods – OpenOffice Writer. What is going on. How can a Calc. spreadsheet morph into a non-spreadsheet? Where did the information on the text document come from? Most important, where is my spread sheet data from the beginning of the year? Unfortunately I did not backup the spread sheet.
>
> Have you ever come across this? Can you help me?
>
> Very truly yours,
>
> Herb Plafker

Try the solutions at
https://forum.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?f=74&t=84056 Your
file has been corrupted somehow.

Cheers
--
David Robley

"Good afternoon, Ms. Huston," Tom said angelically.