Posted to derby-dev@db.apache.org by "Lance J. Andersen" <La...@Sun.COM> on 2005/05/04 17:23:11 UTC

Running an individual test area

Hopefully something simple.

I am trying to just run the jdk14 test suite.

During the run, I see it creates the *.tmp files but i do not get any
*.out files and the jdk14_pass/fail.txt are zero in size.

Any idea as to what the magic is the i am missing?

Re: Running an individual test area

Posted by "Lance J. Andersen" <La...@Sun.COM>.

Myrna van Lunteren wrote:

>in line...
>
>On 5/4/05, Lance J. Andersen <La...@sun.com> wrote:
>

>>The issue turned out to be that I had a typo in the jar name for
>>jakarta-oro-2.0.8.jar in the window i was running the tests from.
>>

>yeah - that would've been clear only from the .sum - it would show a
>noClassDefFound for oro....MalformedPatternException. hm.. maybe we
>need a common problems section? somewhere?

I think that would be good.

I ran with verbose and I guess i thought i would have saw an error in
the console or somewhere in the output that was generated.

>>Also appears that if you modify the master *.out file, you need to rebuild
>>the derbyTesting.jar.  Perhaps this could be called out a little clearer in
>>the instructions for running the tests?
>>

>Sure...do you have a suggestion for where in the derbyTesting.readme?

probably in 2.2 or add a 2.2.3 which goes into a little more detail of
modifying a master.out file.

It took me a while to figure out that the master gets copies to classes
and then gets jarred.

>>Also,  I got the tests that I cared about to pass, however I see some tests
>>fail with errors such as:
>>
>>Test savepointJdbc30 starting
>>Tests common to DRDA and embedded
>>Cloudscape
>>Test1 - no unnamed savepoints allowed if autocommit is true
>>FAIL
>>-- unexpected exception:java.lang.AbstractMethodError:
>>org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedConnection.setSavepoint()Ljava/sql/Savepoint;
>>Test
>>savepointJdbc30 finished
>>Any ideas what i should check in my configuration
>>to address the above error?
>>

>Well, if I'd run into that error I'd ant clobber, & rebuild & then try again...

I just did that and it built and ran clean this time... very wierd...

thanks for the tip though....

Re: Running an individual test area

Posted by Myrna van Lunteren <m....@gmail.com>.
in line...

Posted by "Lance J. Andersen" <La...@Sun.COM>.
Hi Mryna,

Nope, I was running J2SE 1.4 according to the *.sum file.  The skip file
was also empty.

Posted by Myrna van Lunteren <m....@gmail.com>.