Posted to user@hadoop.apache.org by Emmanuel Espina <es...@gmail.com> on 2014/02/10 20:49:22 UTC

Can Yarn AppMaster move Container logs to hdfs?

I'm building a custom YARN app where the App Master is a log running
service that can start jobs in containers.

The ideal situation for us would be to be able to move all the logs
produced by each container to hdfs. The aggregation options that yarn
provides does this but only after the app master finishes (and in our case
it never finishes).

Is there any way of doing this?

Thanks
Emmanuel

Re: Can Yarn AppMaster move Container logs to hdfs?

Posted by Jian He <jh...@hortonworks.com>.
Hi Emmanuel, log aggregation now only aggregates finished apps logs onto
hdfs. there's no way as of now to support running apps. that'll be a to-do
feature in the feature.

Jian

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

Re: Can Yarn AppMaster move Container logs to hdfs?

Posted by Jian He <jh...@hortonworks.com>.

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

Re: Can Yarn AppMaster move Container logs to hdfs?

Posted by Jian He <jh...@hortonworks.com>.

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

Re: Can Yarn AppMaster move Container logs to hdfs?

Posted by Jian He <jh...@hortonworks.com>.

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

Re: Can Yarn AppMaster move Container logs to hdfs?

Posted by Emmanuel Espina <es...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Emmanuel Espina <es...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Emmanuel Espina <es...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Emmanuel Espina <es...@gmail.com>.