Posted to user@poi.apache.org by "Cull, Tim BGI SF" <Ti...@barclaysglobal.com> on 2003/06/12 20:21:25 UTC

poi file triggers virus alert?

Hi all,

I've successfully created a report in Excel using poi and I'm very happy
with the result, but the strangest thing happens when I try to email my
report to a certain company--their email system's virus scanner claims that
the file has a virus.  The same email system doesn't complain when we send
them an excel file we've created manually.

Here's the message their virus scanner gives them:

=================================
VIRUS INFECTION ALERT
WebShield   discovered a virus in this file. The file was not repaired
and has therefore been removed. See your system administrator for
further information.

Filename: DailyValues06112003.xls
Virus name: No status string available

Copyright   1993-2002, Networks Associates Technology, Inc.
All Rights Reserved.
http://www.nai.com

They currently use McAfee VirusScan v4.5.1 SP1 on a Microsoft Exchange
server.

Has anyone ever heard of this before?  I'll attach the file, too, if anyone
wants to see it.

Thanks for any help you might give,

Tim