Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by ch...@students.uni-linz.ac.at on 2004/12/20 15:14:41 UTC

Variable names in output files and nogui in server mode

Hi,

again some questions. Thanks for your help!

Is possible to name the output file (when saving listeners) dynamically, e.g.
with a timestamp in it? When using a variable name, jmeter does not resolve the
name.

Does it make sense, to use the -n (nogui) parameter together with the -s
(server) parameter? The server does not display a gui anyway!?

How can I change the output format of a listener-file from XML to CSV?

Thanks,

Chris

Re: Variable names in output files and nogui in server mode

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, 20 Dec 2004 15:14:41 +0100 (CET),
christoph.riesenberger@students.uni-linz.ac.at
<ch...@students.uni-linz.ac.at> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> again some questions. Thanks for your help!
>
> Is possible to name the output file (when saving listeners) dynamically, e.g.
> with a timestamp in it?

Only if you use the facilities of the OS.

e.g.
jmeter -l yyyymmddhhmm.jtl ...

>  When using a variable name, jmeter does not resolve the
> name.

Yes, this is a known bug. No resolution is yet available.

> Does it make sense, to use the -n (nogui) parameter together with the -s
> (server) parameter? The server does not display a gui anyway!?

No, there's no point using -n with -s.

> How can I change the output format of a listener-file from XML to CSV?

Edit jmeter.properties