Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Mark Everett <Ma...@sas.com> on 2001/08/16 23:36:18 UTC

Apache rejects mod_jk.so: dld.sl: Unresolved symbol: jni_worker_ factory (code)

Greetings,

I'm unable to invoke Apache with the mod_jk plugin for Tomcat.

After several initally unsuccessful iterations, I was able to
complete a clean build of mod_jk.so.

An include statement to mod_jk.conf-auto was added to Apache's
httpd.conf file.  Afterwards, Apache failed the config test with
this error:

$ /opt/apache/bin/apachectl configtest
/usr/lib/dld.sl: Unresolved symbol:
jni_worker_factory (code)  from /opt/apache/libexec/mod_jk.so
Syntax error on line 8 of /opt/tomcat/conf/mod_jk.conf-auto:
Cannot load /opt/apache/libexec/mod_jk.so into server: Unresolved external

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

-Mark

Stats:
HP-UX v11.0
Apache v1.3.20 (compiled locally under GCC v3.0 with binutils v2.11.2)
Tomcat production release v3.2.3

Notes:

* resolved initial build failures by disabling '#include <sys/select.h>'
for HPUX11 environment

* initially completed a build of mod_jk.so using:
apxs -o mod_jk.so -I../jk -I/opt/java/include -I/opt/java/include/hp-ux -c *.c ../jk/*.c

However, this produced:
/usr/lib/dld.sl: Unresolved symbol: dlclose (code)  from /opt/apache/libexec/mod_jk.so
/usr/lib/dld.sl: Unresolved symbol: dlopen (code)  from /opt/apache/libexec/mod_jk.so
/usr/lib/dld.sl: Unresolved symbol: dlerror (code)  from /opt/apache/libexec/mod_jk.so
/usr/lib/dld.sl: Unresolved symbol: dlsym (code)  from /opt/apache/libexec/mod_jk.so
Syntax error on line 8 of /opt/tomcat/conf/mod_jk.conf-auto:
Cannot load /opt/apache/libexec/mod_jk.so into server: Unresolved external

* Rebuilt mod_jk using a tweaked version of build-hpux.sh (why isn't build-hpux.sh
included in latest production release of tomcat-src v3.2.3?).  This produced a
new DSO (smaller in size than first).  However, this version produced the unresolved
symbol error above.

* Located a reference to a cummulative ld patch (PHSS_23440) for HP-UX v11.
Installed patch and recompiled mod_jk using build-hpux.sh.  Same error as before.