Posted to user@flink.apache.org by Jeffrey Martin <je...@gmail.com> on 2020/09/15 05:30:12 UTC

restoring from externalized incremental rocksdb checkpoint?

Hi,

My job on Flink 1.10 uses RocksDB with incremental checkpointing enabled.
The checkpoints are retained on cancellation.

How do I resume from the retained checkpoint after cancellation (e.g., when
upgrading the job binary)? Docs say to use the checkpoint or savepoint
metadata file, but AFAICT there's no metadata file in HDFS in the various
directories under "$checkpointsDir/snapshots/$jobID",

Thanks,

Jeff Martin

Re: restoring from externalized incremental rocksdb checkpoint?

Posted by Congxian Qiu <qc...@gmail.com>.
Hi  Jeff
   Sorry for the late reply.  You can only restore the checkpoint in which
there is a _metadata in the chk-xxx directory, if there is not _metadata in
the chk-xxx directory, that means the chk-xxx is not complete, you can't
restore from it.

Best,
Congxian

Jeffrey Martin <je...@gmail.com> 于2020年9月15日周二 下午2:18写道: