Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by Jason Essington <ja...@GreenRiverComputing.com> on 2004/03/12 17:24:38 UTC

HTTPActionHandler and SOAPAction header

Question for the dev list.

If a service contains the HTTPActionHandler, and a simple GET ?wsdl
query is issued (to that service) with no SOAPAction header, should the
HTTPActionHandler be throwing a fault?

Meaning, what is the correct behavior in a query situation? It's not
like in this case we are really trying to invoke the service, just
discover what is required by the service.

I ask only because in Axis 1.1 this situation did not throw a fault,
but in 1.2 it does.
Should queries always include a SOAPAction header? Or should the
servlet try to perform url mapping for queries?

-jason