Posted to derby-user@db.apache.org by "pedrofaundezgon@terra.es" <pe...@terra.es> on 2008/11/23 20:55:15 UTC

JDK 1.4 support?

I have seen that SUN JDK 1.4 went out of support the past October 30,
2008:
http://java.sun.com/products/archive/eol.policy.html

Will Apache Derby still enforce JDK 1.4 support? Or it is time to move
on?

Ahora también puedes acceder a tu correo Terra desde el móvil.
Infórmate pinchando aquí.

Re: JDK 1.4 support?

Posted by Daniel Noll <da...@nuix.com>.
Dag H. Wanvik wrote:
> Derby doesn't enforce JDK 1.4

It does at compile-time.

Admittedly I haven't tried setting jdk14.home to point to jdk6. :-)

Daniel

Re: JDK 1.4 support?

Posted by "Dag H. Wanvik" <Da...@Sun.COM>.
"pedrofaundezgon@terra.es" <pe...@terra.es> writes:

> I have seen that SUN JDK 1.4 went out of support the past October 30,
> 2008:
> http://java.sun.com/products/archive/eol.policy.html
>
> Will Apache Derby still enforce JDK 1.4 support? Or it is time to move
> on?

Derby doesn't enforce JDK 1.4, Derby runs well with Java 5 and 6, too,
so apps are free to choose what Java platform level to run on. For the
time being, development of Derby still uses a JDK 1.4 source level,
this is correct.

Thanks,
Dag