Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by Marko Macek <Ma...@gmx.net> on 2002/12/17 20:49:44 UTC

cvs2svn incremental mode

Blair Zajac wrote:

>I would think that much of the CVS end of it would be the same.  Is this
>true?
>
>Would it be possible to see it now, if that's appropriate?  (You may be
>able to tell, I'm anxious to get this other CVS repository tracked :)

Attached is a quick hack to make cvs2svn work in incremental mode. If
you have the CVS repository available locally (via rsync?) this can do
what you wish.

It adds a --incremental mode which is used after the initial conversion
is done. You need to keep the cvs2svn-data.revs file from the previous
run to work incrementally.

It applies to latest /branches/cvs2svn-mmacek in the subversion repository.

WARNING: only lightly tested, I suspect a few bugs.

A big problem is when something happens (disk full, ^C), there is no way
to recover, you need to start from scratch (create new repository). A
solution  to this problem could be saving the CVS revision numbers in
svn properties.

Regards,
Mark