Posted to p-dev@xerces.apache.org by Dave Viner <da...@petsmart.com> on 2000/04/18 00:19:25 UTC

newbie question

Hello all,
    I've been following the xerces-p and xerces-c discussions for a
little while now, and I have a fundamental question that I can't seem to
get an answer to.  Why does xerces simply create perl wrappers around
the c++ version?  Perl has several XML modules that are being actively
developed by various members of the perl community.  And we all know the
abilities of mod_perl to combine the forces of apache and perl.  So why
doesn't xerces go the route of requiring mod_perl, and then implementing
one of the more robust Perl-XML modules?

Thanks
Dave