Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by "Rhodes, Phillip C." <Ph...@alcoa.com> on 2002/03/01 21:34:46 UTC

use mod_proxy for specific filetypes (i.e. *.cgi)

Hi,

Can you use mod_proxy for specific content types.  For example, can I send
all requests for cgi to another machine?

Any pointers?

Thanks,
Phillip

RE: use mod_proxy for specific filetypes (i.e. *.cgi)

Posted by Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca>.

> From: Rhodes, Phillip C. [mailto:Phillip.Rhodes@alcoa.com]

> Can you use mod_proxy for specific content types.  For example, can I send
> all requests for cgi to another machine?

With mod_rewrite.  As in:

RewriteEngine On
RewriteRule ^(.*)\.cgi$ http://otherhost.example.com/$1\.cgi [P]

Joshua.